Chapter 3 - Lost

⚠️Trigger Warning: Mental issues included. Please stop reading if it could harm you in any way!

Pete's POV

[Pete's dream]

I squinted against the sunlight. It was the middle of the day. I had been following Khun Vegas all day without getting any useful information.

Nonetheless, I report back to Khun Kinn by phone before attempting to follow Vegas into a temple. But before I got inside I got caught again! And suddenly found myself surrounded by Khun Vegas and Khun Macau. I wondered if they set a trap for me on purpose.

'Idiot!' I cursed myself in my mind.

How come every time I had to spy on Khun Vegas I lost focus on my surroundings?!

I might not have been born a spy, but I usually had a good eye for the little things going on around me. As a bodyguard, it was necessary to protect my masters. Especially when I occasionally accompanied Khun Korn or Khun Kinn to explosive meetings. But suddenly I became incapable.

Khun Vegas and Khun Macau forced me to accompany them to a ceremony.

I felt so uncomfortable in this situation and squinted surreptitiously in Khun Vegas' direction. He just sat there with his hands together and seemed to be listening intently to the monk. The look in his eyes was so different from what I knew from him. I wondered if someone like him could actually be interested in spiritual things.

"Do you like to listen to the ceremony, Khun Vegas?" I couldn't stop myself from asking. Somehow I was fascinated and curious.

He turned to look at me, but before he spoke everything was bathed in green light. It was so bright I had to blink several times. But however, suddenly I couldn't see anyone anymore.

"Khun Vegas?" I looked in all directions, desperate to see something in the blinding green light. "Khun Macau?"

Everything was dark for a second and then as if someone switched the light on everything around me was red.

"Ugh..." Pain spread trough my body and I fell down to my knees. I hugged my own chest tightly trying to endure the pain.

I felt hands touching my body, every part of it. I panicked. And called for the only name my blurred brain could recall: "Vegas!"

I looked at my hands. They were covered in blood. I ran away as fast as I could. Green and red flames were all around me and no matter how fast I ran I couldn't escape.

I stopped and crouched down, resting my hands on my thighs. I was exhausted and breathing heavily. Fear and pain burned in my veins like fire. Eventually, I realized that someone was standing behind me.

I spun around and looked at myself covered in blood.

"Are you okay?" I asked in shock.

"I'm sorry." My other self said and was suddenly so close to me that our faces almost touched. I felt a stinging pain in my abdomen and looked down on me. My clone had rammed a jackknife into my stomach. I looked up again in disbelief, but he was gone.

Then I fell into a dark hole and hit the ground hard. I slowly got up and looked around.

I stood on a hill. There were two different directions to go. To my right was red and green light as I had seen before. On my left was white and blue light, warm and comfortable.

Suddenly the ground beneath my feet trembled and the hill began to collapse slowly. I had to make a decision quickly. I wanted to go to the white and blue light to save myself, but before I even lifted my foot, I looked to my right at the menacing green and red light.