Chapter 8 - Close And Distance

{⚠️Trigger Warning: mental issues}

[When Vegas speaks English I'll type the parts bold.]

[I want to annotate, that Porsche and Tankhun are a bit mean when it comes to Vegas, but I hope you understand, it's not my intention to portray them as vicious. I think the way they act is really human, considering the circumstances. Let's give them some time to get used to VegasPete. 🕊]

Have fun. 😊 Let's go.

................................

Vegas' POV

When I woke up in my office, I saw Pete sitting on the ground, sleeping with his arms supporting his head besides my chest on the sofa. His right hand rested casually on my arm. He slept peacefully and soundly. I didn't dare to move to avoid waking him up.

Having him here, laying so close to me made my heart flutter. It reminded me of the time in the hospital when he visited me and fell asleep on my bed sometimes.

But back then I could hold him and every time he woke up he would snuggle closer to me before opening his eyes. What would he do now, when he wakes up beside me? Maybe he would be startled, because he fell asleep accidently. Jumping up to bow and apologize formally.

It was both, pleasant and painful to have him with me. But I wanted him to be as close as possible. I felt lonelier and more desperate than I had in a long time and wanted to make sure he won't disappear.

The fact that he doesn't remember our relationship drove me crazy. I wanted to hug him and kiss him. Keep him in my arms forever. But how could I win him over?

Honestly, I had no Idea how he fell for me the first time, after I tortured him and held him captive, so how could I bring him to love me right now? Or did he never loved me? Maybe it was just because of the circumstances. Sometimes people fell in love in extreme situations, but the love didn't last on a day-to-day basis once the difficulties were over...

It didn't felt like this, but with everyday Pete didn't remember me, I lost my hold more little by little. But I wasn't willing to give up on him. I would never give up on us!

Suddenly Pete's phone was ringing and he woke up with a start. I hurriedly closed my eyes, pretending to be still asleep.

He jumped up and rushed to the door, but didn't leave the room.

I gazed at him secretly as he turned his back to me to pick up the call.

"Khun-nu, sir." He whispered. I got annoyed. What the hell did that moron wanted from him now? I heard his hyperactive voice on the other end of the phone line but couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Yes, sir. I know." Pete seemed to be uncomfortable and I wondered if I should get up and take his phone away.

"I'm sorry, Khun-nu." The dipwit seemed to be chatting up Pete, who said next to nothing.

"But-" He was about to turn around to me, so I closed my eyes again in a hurry.

"I'm sorry, Khun-nu. But Khun Kinn send me to work for the Minor Family. I do not have authorization to cancel the order, sir."

Tankhun's voice turned even louder. "Yes, sir. I'm with Khun Vegas. I can't leave n-"

Pete's voice sounded like he had turned to face the door again and I opened my eyes to see him squirming nervously.

"Khun-nu, please calm down. I'm so sorry, but I can't come to you now, sir. Khun Vegas is..." He hesitated. "...busy. I have to support him. I'm sorry."