Chapter 18 - I Promise

⚠️(Trigger) Warning: mental issues (memory loss/trauma); child abuse, kidnapping and eating issues mentioned, violence and blood, drugging} Please stop reading if it could harm you in any way!⚠️

[When someone speaks English I'll type the parts bold.]

Disclaimer: I don't try to portray Kinn or Porsche as 'bad'. It's just the flow of the story. It's not my purpose to offend anybody. 🙏

Have fun. 😊 Let's go.

......................

Tankhun's POV

When I met Pete for the first time, he was barely an adult. Maybe it wasn't actually the very first time, but the encounter I first really noticed him. He was only nineteen years old. I meet him on one of my worst days since I had been kidnapped as a child.

Actually getting kidnapped was common in my family. It was almost an initiation ritual. I had been kidnapped the first time before I could even say the word 'Pa'.

When I had been a child, I was once kidnapped and tortured in a way I will never forget, but usually it wasn't that horrible. Mostly it seemed more like a formality. It was often like playing hide and seek. I was sitting in a room, waiting for someone to get me free.

No noteworthy violence. No blood. No death. Mostly not even guns.

I don't know why I, of all people, was kidnapped so many times. Perhaps it was because I was the heir of the Main Family (at least at that time), maybe my tendency to sneak away and look for fun somewhere apart from my bodyguards played a role too. But I didn't blame myself, those events were awful boring!

In any case, every time after I was kidnapped, my bodyguards were replaced. That rarely bothered me. Most of the men were boring anyway and didn't even last a 48 hour series marathon. For almost a year Pahn was my head bodyguard at that time. I think he was the most boring of all. Totally compliant with the rules and no sense of humor at all. He also sucked at just about every video game.

At least he seemed to be quite capable to protect me, but honestly since the last time I got kidnapped I rarely went out for the last year, so who knows if it was actually his achievement or just luck. The problem was that my father wanted to introduce me to our family business and so I had to leave the Main Family's compound occasionally.

This particular day was one of those days. I had to attend a party for a product launch. I didn't even remember what it was. In every case anything obscenely overpriced. It was all about the reputation of our family. Many important people and a lot of press would be there. My brothers were too young to attend at this point and my father was busy.

I hated this kind of events. I didn't want to be the heir of the Main Family. I hated it! They should better take Kinn, or even Kim... I didn't ask for that. Not at all! I only longed to be safe and have fun. That's all.

Pahn tried to assure me as we stood in the driveway already. "All this men will accompany us, Khun-nu. You don't need to worry."

Five men stood in front of me, bowing their heads, Pete among them. He stood out from the crowd. First of all because he had a friendly but slightly nervous smile on his face, while the other bodyguards only showed a formal expression. Also he was obviously very young, with soft features and smaller than the other men. He looked inadequate in his clunky suit. Was he really supposed to be a bodyguard? He was just a kid. I hated to go outside, but I loathed to go outside without proper protection even more!

"Did we run out of men, Ai'Pahn?" I asked mockingly, folding my arms in front of my chest. "How is a child supposed to help me? I'd better stay here."

I turned around to leave, but this bastard Pahn blocked my way.