Chapter 14 - There Are No Rules For Us

⚠️(Trigger) Warning: mental issues (memory loss/trauma) , violence; self-injury mentioned, (child)-abuse mentioned}

Please stop reading if it could harm you in any way!!! Take care of yourself and read with reposnibility! Please don't take fictional characters as an example!⚠️

[When someone speaks English I'll type the parts bold.]

Hello everyone,

I really wanted to upload this chapter with the other one so the ending would be smoother to wait for the next chapter. Sry for the wait. 🤞💕

Have fun. 😊 Let's go.

.......................

[Next day]

Vegas' POV

I woke up the next day. My temples were pounding. Lightly nauseous.

Pete had mostly prevented me from drinking herbal spirits last night, but somehow a shot glass ended up in my hand from time to time. I hadn't felt much yesterday, but now it was like a 'Fuck you' from my body.

I sat up with a groan and touched my forehead with my palm. I needed a headache pill and water. Fortunately there was a bottle of water and a pack of pills placed on the nightstand already. I took it without thinking further. Pete must have put them there.

Thinking of Pete, my consciousness finally returned to my body, I jumped out of bed like a bat out of hell.

Since I knew Pete, he had never woken up before me. Usually when I woke up he was still sleeping soundly and I pulled him closer, waiting for the moment the rhythm of his breathing changed, announcing that he slowly woke up. He snuggled closer as he became conciseness and every time he opened his eyes and looked at me, he gave me a smile.

But now Pete was nowhere to be seen. I didn't hear the shower running. And I don't know if it were the herbal spirits in my bloodstream or if I was actually that easily alarmed, but I panicked.

I hurried to the bathroom and tore the door open.

"Fuck!" Pete, who had a cotton swab and a little glass phial in his hands, jumped up in amazement an let go of the items. His reflexes, trained over years, were pretty good and he caught the little bottle before it shattered on the floor.

"Vegas! Shia! Have you lost it already?! I thought I get a heart attack!"

Maybe that was the point - I lost it already over Pete.

"Sorry." I said lowly and exhaled. He was here. Still here. Standing in my bathroom, wearing only boxers, like he felt at home. Relief swept through my body. I looked up and down on him. He had been so agitated yesterday, but today he seemed normal. Only his slightly tear swollen eyes reminded of his despair from last night.

"You look pale. Are you going to throw up?" Pete asked worriedly as he had still no clue what has just happened.

"No." I replied and picket up the little cotton swab that had rolled toward me. "What are you doing?"

"Just took a shower." He replied shortly with a smile and closed his left hand around the little bottle to hide it in his fist.

"I didn't ask you what you did, but what you are doing now."

He obviously didn't want to answer. "Do you want me to write you a report? What should I do? My private business. Get out, Vegas." Pete said harshly, his grip on the phial grew harder, his knuckles turned white.

"Pete." I took a step toward him. He stood still, but hid his hand behind his body.

"What are you doing? Get out."