Chapter 7 - Stay With Me

{⚠️Trigger Warning: mental issues}

[When someone speaks English I'll type the parts bold.]

Thank you for your support and your messages.

Have fun. 😊 Let's go.

...............

[Afternoon, Vegas' office]

Vegas' POV

Porsche entered my office without even knocking. One of my bodyguards tried to stop him half-hearted, but since Porsche was the head of the Second Family now, he couldn't do anything useful. I gestured him to let it go and leave us alone. The man bowed his head and closed the door.

This bodyguards were all useless meanwhile. A lot of the Minor Family's former bodyguards died during the fight against the Main Family and most of those who remained had subordinated themselves to Porsche. I could only trust Nop, but I sent him to have an eye on Pete.

Porsche took the seat in front of me. I was grateful for the desk between us. It would make it harder to kill him accidently.

"Hi." He said casually. "Where is Pete?"

"Let's talk about the business." I threw the files on the desk in front of him.

"Did you chain him up in your dungeon?"

"No. The place is still free if you are interested to get it."

"No. I have to refuse, but thank you for your kind offer. So where is he?"

"He's with Macau. He doesn't need to be here and witness this farce."

"The quicker you accept it, the better. Don't make it hard for all of us."

"At least I revised everything for you. There is also all the customer data. I don't know what else you could want from me."

"I will check it later. But I need you to meet some customers with me. To build trust."

"You don't need trust, if you have your boyfriend's family behind you, Porsche. They will follow you."

"I already talked to some people and it seems like you did a good job with them mostly. I want you to work for me, so we can continue the good relations."

"Why should I want to work with you?" I wanted to get rid of him and his whole fucking family as fast as I could.

"I said: work for me. I assumed that you would be reluctant, but ask yourself, Vegas. Do you really have much of a choice? If you refuse, what will happen? What do you want to do? Where will you live and what is about your brother and Pete?"

"I will find a way. I have still something up my sleeve." Luckily, while sifting through my father's records, I had found investments and real estate that were written on my mother's property and thus belonged to Macau and me. There was no connection to my father or the Minor Family.

"You mean your mother's property?"

I was stunned that he already knew about this, but I tried to keep my face neutral.

"What are you getting at, Porsche?"

"Pa arranged for everything to be frozen. You cannot dispose of it at the moment. He wants to speak to you personally first."

"You're a good fit for the Mafia, Porsche. You have no problem threatening or blackmailing people."

"Maybe you rub off me. If I now go on to torturing and kidnapping people, we are indeed similar. But anyways, see it as an insistent offer, not blackmail. And I want to say it again: After what you've done, you should be grateful that Pa is gracious to you. After you messed with the yakuza, he even took care of it."