{R18+} Chapter 20 - Forgiveness And Consequences

Vegas POV
[Next day]

"If you don't kill me, Vegas. I will do it myself!"

With a pained grunt, Pete seized the blade of the knife I had hold against his throat moments ago. My hands flew up in the air, letting him pull the knife closer. Fear buzzed through my body like a wildfire. My impulse was to snatch the blade away from him, but the situation was too tense to make a quick move, I didn't want to scare Pete.

Suddenly my hands were bound with handcuffs applied to heavy chains on the ceiling. The same ones I had Pete tied up to before. Pete's hands were free now, he had an ugly expression on his face.

"Will you run now?" I asked with a shaky voice. So low it was almost less than a whisper.

"No." Pete said in a emotionless tone. "I will never be free from you anymore."

I wanted to scream, but there was no sound coming from my throat when Pete rammed the knife in his own neck and yanked it down, slashing all the way through his jugular. Blood splattered...

.......................

I tore my eyes open, sweat running down my forehead, tears were filling my eyes and my heart raced. I knew this nightmare, but I hadn't had it anymore since I got shot. It took me a moment to realize where I was. I looked down at Pete lying in my arm, his head resting on my chest, one arm and leg wrapped around my torso respectively my thigh. still sleeping soundly. I tightened my grip to hold him closer to me as he moaned softly in his sleep.

I tried to calm down my breathing as long as Pete was still asleep. It wasn't that I wanted to hide it from him, at least not in long terms, but maybe this was just a little discomfort, after everything what had happened the last days. The fear I had had for Pete still echoed through my body. However, the night before Pete had said, he wanted to be happy now and I wanted that too. So I didn't want to burden him with my stupid nightmares.

Biting down my tears, I wiped my forehead with my free hand. Fortunately he hadn't woken up yet, but I wanted to shower, before he would see me like this and might assumed something was odd.

Pete always slept very soundly and chances were good, I could break free from our embrace without waking him up. But just as I was about to entangle our limps, I felt him stirring in my arms. I stilled, hoping he would fall back to sleep, but I was unlucky. Pete opened his eyes slowly, looking up at me a little reproachful because of my escape attempt.

He blinked and I noticed how his gaze changed from sleepy and playful to something sterner. Worry. Confusion.

Being the cause of Pete's worries made me uncomfortable. I pulled away with enough leverage to get free, but not so much as to be too harsh. Pete opened his mouth as he tried to grab my arm, holding me back. When he propped himself up on his elbow and managed to seize my wrist, I slapped his hand away, hard, startling the two of us equally. Pete looked at me uncomprehendingly, holding his hand to his chest. Not in fear or pain, but in astonishment. Before he could say anything, I had crossed half the room already. Approaching the bathroom.

"I will take a shower." I said curtly and disappeared into the bathroom. Since Pete and I hadn't put any clothes on yesterday, there was noting else to do than go into the shower stall, but before I could do so, I heard the bathroom door open behind me.

When I turned around I saw Pete closing the door behind him. He looked at me with an unreadable expression, perhaps a little estimating. However, he didn't say anything, just went past me to enter the shower stall, turning on the water. The bandages on his forehead and wrists were already removed before he had entered the bathroom, the cut over his eyebrow closed already. I just looked at him a bit useless as the water run down his back, while Pete hold his face in the warm spray.