Chapter 23 (2/3) - I Will Never Not Be At Home Anymore

⚠️TW: slight homophobia, or let me rather call it people should educate themselves before asking inappropriate questions...⚠️

Word count: 7.642

I had to split it into 3 parts. Pls don't kill me, but therefore you can read part 2 today already! 😁

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[Vegas POV]

Pete just entered the room when I came out of the shower. Head hanging down a bit. He sighed as he closed the door.

"You okay?" I asked concerned.

"Mhm." He looked up at me and my eyes fell to his chest. He was wearing a white t-shirt, holding his blue one in his hand. Yet it wasn't completely white. It had Pete's, his grandparent's, Macau's and my face imprinted. Topped with the word 'our family'. My jaw dropped. Pete was crimson red as I looked into his face again.

"My grandma..." Pete looked away, a habit which usually showed he wasn't fine. If Pete wasn't looking at me, I always got wary automatically. "Grandma thought it was a nice thing. For the party, you know?"

"You... you want to wear this in front of other people?" I asked a bit stunned, maybe not the smartest move since Pete was already embarrassed and the shade of red only darkened at my little outburst. The payback of my carelessness came right away when Pete tried to pull the shirt over his head in panic, his arms still trapped in the short sleeves.

"You are right! It's stupid!!!" He staggered on his feet while fighting with the reluctant piece of clothes.

"Pete!" I exclaimed and was on him with two steps. I pulled the shirt down, before he would suffocate himself with the collar and steadied his rocky stance with a hand on his hip. "It's okay. Sorry. It's...okay."

Pete struggled lightly against my hold, but without real heat. He looked down, still red faced. "No, you are right, it's ridiculous. My grandma tends to exaggerate."

"No, Pete." I put my index finger under his chin and made him look at me. "Your grandma meant well. Actually, it's... it's kind of cute." He was always cute actually, it didn't matter what he wore. I just never experienced something like a family-shirt before.

"Really?" Pete asked hopefully.

"Yes! Yes, sure. It's cute. It's so nice of your family to accept Macau and me so easily."

"You don't think it's embarrassing to wear this?" Pete seemed still insecure, but there was something else suddenly that had warning bells ringing in my head. However, I couldn't hesitate or Pete would fall into his awkward panic again.

"It's not embarrassing. It's so cute. I like it." I said, kissing his cheek.

Pete smiled and I wasn't sure at which point exactly he had set the trap, but I ran directly into it. He took his blue shirt from one hand in the other, reveling there was another white shirt hidden under it.

"No!" I took a step back reflexly. I knew I was fucked.

"You said it was cute."

"On you, Pete! I...This is..."

Pete pouted.

I sighed. "Can I at least wear my leather jacket over it?"

Pete smiled and wrapped his arms around my neck to kiss me exuberantly.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He said, peppering my face with kisses. "Grandma will be happy!"

"So all of this was just a tactic to persuade me? How naughty, pet." I chastised him with a painless pinch to his waist as I wrapped my arms around his middle, using the chance to bring us bodily closer.