Chapter 77

There are more and more masked people, forming a torrent. The superior people in the empire have never seen them, just like they have never seen this mask. It is always associated with low-level work, smoke, chemical poisons, fatigue, and yellow skin and thin skin. But today it has changed. From now on, it is synonymous with the times, the people, courage, anger, and the words that the nobles are most afraid to hear——

  revolution.

  …

  "Team C-4 is in position, C-4..." The command from the ground command came through the earphones. Lin Hao gestured to the team members behind him: "Route A, start."

  They headed towards the Qing'an Water Plant, which is the site that supplies the most water to the city on the planet. Once occupied by the enemy, and the other party intends to defeat them all, it will be a heavy blow to the city.

  When they were almost near the water plant, there was a sudden explosion, followed by shock, smoke and wails.

  "Cover!" someone shouted. Lin Hao felt that one of his personal protective shields was broken and he was knocked to the ground. He climbed up and locked his eyes on the team emerging from the rooftop opposite. The flags projected in the air could identify them as Zhang Hongbo's subordinates.

  "Zhang Hongbo is dead! Your resistance is meaningless!" he shouted to them on the public channel.

  "You are here to rob our property..." This was the only sentence that came from the public channel, and then it was cut off.

  boom! boom! boom! There were another series of explosions, and Lin Hao shouted: "The other side doesn't have high-level spiritual power users, but they have cannons... shit! Did they dismantle the cannons of the spaceship?!"

  boom! Several more people were knocked down. "No! We have to destroy their gunners first!"

  "Captain, I'll go." A young man said. Immediately, the girl next to him refuted excitedly: "No! You still have a mother to take care of..."

  After only a second of hesitation, she volunteered: "Leave it to me, captain."

  Lin Hao thought of his daughter. She couldn't live without her father. But he looked at the young people and saw that they still had such a long life and such a bright future. The moment of thinking seemed like forever. Finally, he gritted his teeth and said, "I'll go."

  "Captain! Wait--"

  "Take care of my daughter."

  Under the cover of his companions, he luckily passed through the defense line. When the enemy's head appeared within his shooting range, he pulled the trigger without hesitation.

  At that moment, he was calmer than ever before, and he used a precision that he could not usually imagine. He hid, aimed, and shot, and the heads of enemies exploded in his field of vision. After the last one fell, he could hardly hold on and collapsed on the spot. He couldn't believe he was still alive, it was a miracle.

  He could go back to see his daughter. He could hold her again, he could buy her sweets, they would have money to live in the Republic, and she could eat a lot of sweets.

  What he didn't see was the muzzle of a black gun sticking out of the ruins.

  There was an electromagnetic sizzle, and a powerful bullet penetrated his brain.

  His pupils and the smile on his lips froze. With a beautiful vision for the future, after a moment of great pain, he fell into an eternal sweet sleep.