Chapter 104 - Short Drama (4)

Start from the beginning

Director Shin Dong-chun, who had been quite successful as a drama PD in the past and had recently made his debut as a film director but still had a keen sense for dramas.

“‘Male Friend’ unfolds from the present to the past and back to the present, ending in the future. Essentially, it’s like showing the end from the beginning, and as a director, I feel it’s better to go boldly and do it properly.”

Hearing the explanation, Kang Woojin nodded very solemnly and slowly, and internally gave Director Shin a thumbs-up.

‘Bravo, as expected from the talented director.’

Hwalin felt similarly. Although she maintained a stoic face, she discreetly swallowed her saliva.

‘So, bold and proper? Like, really intense? Oh my- crazy.’

Hwalin was stirred by her fan’s passion and instinct. However, Director Shin, who was quietly reading the subtle expressions of the two, misunderstood.

‘Is it… is it really not to their liking? They don’t seem that close yet. Well, it’s my ambition. Was it too much to revise the script suddenly during the reading?’

The other actors, observing the slightly peculiar situation, glanced at Woojin and Hwalin. Their thoughts were similar to Director Shin Dong-chun’s.

‘Both Kang Woojin and Hwalin seem uncomfortable.’

‘It’s sudden, so it’s understandable they’d feel burdened. But are they not on good terms?’

Many actors feel burdened by kiss scenes or exposure in works, and the more famous they are, the more sensitive they become. Especially ‘Male Friend’ was a work relying on the recognition and firepower of Kang Woojin and Hwalin. Therefore, Director Shin Dong-chun decided to be cautious.

‘I shouldn’t push them too hard.’

He chose to adjust.

“…But it’s okay to go with the original script. The thoughts of Woojin and Hwalin are the most important. It’s just my personal greed. It might be a bit too much to change it so suddenly for both of you.”

“Director.”

Kang Woojin spoke in a calm voice. Because he couldn’t ruin a good flow.

“I’m fine with it.”

“Really?”

“Yes. The work is what’s important.”

The eyes of the surrounding actors grew slightly larger, as did Director Shin Dong-chun. Then Hwalin sneakily glanced at the calm Woojin.

‘Woojin… he’s only thinking about the work. Ah, I’m embarrassed. I was the only one having unprofessional thoughts.’

Hwalin, having pulled herself together, reminded herself of a professional’s attitude. Fangirling was one thing, but Hwalin was the lead actress.

“Director, I don’t mind either. What’s more important is the success of the work, not any burden.”

“Oh- really?”

“Yes. It’s normal for scripts to be revised. Plus, it’s the first cut that raises the tension. I’ll do it.”

Kang Woojin and Hwalin, who quickly rallied together, impressed Director Shin Dong-chun. The surrounding actors marveled at the composure of the two lead actors.

‘Wow, they’re real pros.’

‘They’re both cool. Kang Woojin, even though he’s still a rookie, his attitude is just top-notch.’