Stunned

jumai_x thanks for voting 😊.

.
.
A week to the wedding.
Zahra's pov.

It's already a week to the wedding. I haven't heard from Muhammad since last week. Seems like he is also being forced. But wait, if I meet him, we might be able to think of ways to stop the wedding. Or maybe we could just accept this my subconscious said. I know it's either he wants it, or he can't do anything about it too. Maybe I should just get to know him. Just maybe.

I grabbed my phone and for the first time, I dialed his phone number which Maama gave me some days ago.

Assalam Alaikum, Muhammad Ibrahim speaking.
I couldn't talk because the voice sounded familiar. Very familiar. First they have the same physique, now same voice. Anya kuwa is this Muhammad not Waleed's brother.

Hello!. His voice came again pulling me out of trance.

Wa Alaikum mussalam, it's me, Fatima, your wife to be.

Oh.

I just thought of asking if we could meet, I have something important for us to discuss.

I'm busy.

But it's very important, by the way we can't keep avoiding each other.

You're right, we're going to live together in a week but what's it about.

Well I thought maybe we could just try making this work, I know you're forced into this too right? I also have someone I love, but since our parents chose this for us, maybe it's for the best.

I don't think it's ever going to work.

Just trust me, I was hoping if we could meet later in the evening.

We can meet on Tuesday.

That's just a day before the wedding events start. My stepmom insisted that there should be an event else it'll be obvious that we don't want the marriage, you're not forced to attend.

If it won't be on Tuesday, then I don't think we'll meet before the knot is tied.

Click!!
He hanged up the phone.

Another thing, ya Abdallah is becoming more drawn to staying home these days, him and Aush have been greatly helping out with the wedding preparations. On the upper hand, I think they've gotten attached to each other. I think they like each other. I hope that would work for them. My best friend married to my brother. Great!

.
.
The next day.
I woke up and prayed subh. Since it's a Friday, I recited the Quran and read surah Al-khaf. Aisha is not up so I woke her up so she could also pray.
I dropped back to my bed and went back to sleep
.
.
We were sitting in the parlor watching with Ammi as Maama cooked lunch. I and Aush wanted helping but she insisted that we enjoy ourselves.
"Im not such a fan of horror movies but this is great". Aush said.
"Well, it's what I and zarah have in common, we both enjoy the horrors".
I just kept mute my eyes keen on the tv.
I stretched out my hand to the glass cup which contained some juice, as Aush stood up to answer a call.
After some minutes, she came back and sat.
"Zarah Dan Allah zaki rakani wani waje(can you please accompany me somewhere)"
"Well, where"
"Just come, you'll see"
"I'm not coming, I don't want to miss this" I say referring to the movie going on.
"Ki bita mana, we can continue later tonight tunda Netflix ne (follow her...since it's on Netflix)" Ammi said on her behalf.
"Argh... okay let's go".
I grabbed the car keys from the tv stand and we walked out to the parking lot.
"Take the keys"
"Ahn anh, please drive na"
"I don't want to, I'll go back fah" I threatened turning around to leave.
"No no, I don't want to go there alone please, kawo(give it)"

**************************************
"Wait oh, are you traveling" I said when I realized that we were heading towards the airport.
"Common, I thought you were smart"
"I'm joking, but you could have just told me that you want to pick someone at the airport. I even thought maybe you wanted to surprise by taking me out on a girly date" I complained once we reached the airport.
"Well, I think this is better than taking you out"
"How"
"Just wait, you'll see"
"Who are we picking up na"
"It's a surprise"
"I hate surprises" I said with a huff.
We headed towards the arrivals. We waited for about 20 minutes before I huffed.
"Aush, is this some kind of joke, you're torturing me." I stood up and opposed her.
"Trust me on this....there they are"
"Who, wher......OMGeeee" I screamed as I saw Ella, Bella and Emma heading towards us.
We ran to each other and had such a hug that landed us on the ground.
"How was your trip" Aush asked.
"It was great" Bella answered.
"Lemme help you with that"I said taking one of the luggages.

**************************************
I spotted Neency and Hauwy once we stepped into the sitting room.
"I'm I dreaming?" I asked more to myself than to them.
"You're not, we're all here for the wedding" Hauwy answered as she opened her arms for a hug.
I hugged her and Neency.
"Finally, we're all together again, and finally one of us is getting married" Neency said.
"We're gonna be Bridesmaids" Emma exclaimed. As they all squealed except for me who was a bit overwhelmed.
"I am so soooo happy" I said giving each of them a side hug.
"But seriously you guys should've informed me so I could prepare something for you"
"Maama's got that covered" Aush grinned.
"So they know"
"Yes, even ya Abdallah"
"oh great" I said pretending to be sad.
"Girls, food is ready" Maama called out from the dining area.
Yay! They really surprised me.
"Lemme go call ya Abdallah"
"Are you sure he'll be alright sitting amidst all these girls, considering he's a guy" Ammi asked.
"Sure, he's always been a guy for the girls I replied.
I knocked on his door
"Abinci ya sauka fa.(Food has been served" I said once he opened the door.
I turned and started walking away then turned back
"They are here fah, since you also joined hands in giving me such a big surprise. I said with a glare.
"Anything for my baby sis" he said pulling me into a hug ignoring my eyes.
We went downstairs together. He sat on the second seat as the girls head over, I sat next to him, by his right. And Aush pulled the other chair next to him by the left. Neency quickly sat on it before she could.
"The seat is taken" she grinned.
It immediately struck me, Neency had a crush on him, now Aush too.
Intense!.

**************************************
Now the story is getting interesting. And also, you guys should follow up, I follow back immediately I see. This makes it easier for me to mention 😊.
Thanks for reading, and again, tap that orange star please.