😦 confession 😦

ZARAH'S POV.

I can't believe this. I'm in love 😍. From what I read in romantic books, I think this is love. OMG, I need to confirm this feeling and be sure if I really am in love. Should I talk to the girls, NO they'll make fun of me, I'll just talk to Bella cuz Ella won't understand.

I took a walk down the street to the Johns. That's Ella and Bella's family name. And we're neighbours, their home is just down the street so I just strolled to their home. I greeted their mom and asked if they were home. Luckily the one whom I wanted to meet was home while Ella went over to the library.

I knocked on the door and Bella asked me in.
"How are you girl" Bella asked.
" fine babe" I replied. I could see the questioning look in her eyes.
"Hope all is well" she asked.
"So I can't visit till there's something wrong" I replied with a playful glare.
"Just spill the beans girl".
"Okay so u know that guy, I think I like him. I don't know..I kknow I sound stttpid to jjust wake up and ssay ii like him" I said with shaky voice.
" If you continue stammering like this, how would I then think straight and not wonder why u're stammering".
"Okay so, he's the one I see when I close my eyes, when I sleep, he comes in my dreams. When the early morning or late night wind hits me, I wish he could be close to me and protect me from the wicked cold that comes with. And you're a psychologist and also the only one in a relationship amongst us so i decided to ask you if this is love".
"If all you say is true then girl you're in love"she said giving me a warm smile☺.
"But then why do I feel annoyed when I'm around him and yet miss him in his absence".
"You see, there's a thin line between love and hatred, sometimes they also intersect with each other. You might be angry at the ones you love but what matters is that deep down in your heart, mind and brain, you really care about them. My advice is that you confess your feelings to him as soon as you're ready and confident".

**********************************
Waleed's POV.

I feel so nervous. Will she accept if I propose, I would really like her to be my life partner. My heart made me do things I also didn't expect. The first day I came to this university, I took a liking in her name, she was absent through that whole week. People both male and female rushed into a relationship with me.

The girls visibly smitten and the guys mostly greedy knowing that I'm a rich man's son. "He is senator Ibrahim's son" I will mostly hear them say. And one thing I hate is being loved for what I have.

I had promised to give my heart to others who were different. Unfortunately they wasn't much but she is different. My mind always wanted to see this "Fatima Abdullahi" I know her from my childhood although the memories are foggy. I was happy knowing that I'll meet her again. I couldn't even remember her face but my heart clung onto her name. The first time I saw her, I almost recognised her but then I had my doubts, was she my zarah. I  confirmed that she was when I heard the lecturer call her name asking her to leave. I walked over and asked him to allow her to stay, and of course knowing my position in the army which is unknown to students, he let her stay.

After our classes, I was about to leave with my back turned I heard footsteps coming over I told Abid to give them cash not knowing that wasn't what brought them. Her voice came thundering and yelling at me. They came to deliver thanks and I disgraced them by offering cash. Instead of Anger, I felt happy and I was in a state of euphoria. She was fuming in anger, as one of her friends closed her mouth. I fought the urge to smile and looked into her eyes sternly.

"I apologise for what I've done, but you'll also be punished for what you've done" I said.
"Who do you think u are"
I didn't answer her but I then forced her into my car and took her away. I could see the worry in her friends' eyes. I felt slightly jealous of her. She had friends who would be there for her through thick and thin. But I only had one. I took her away not to punish her but to be able to see her close enough and get closer to her. At the end of it all, I got her number and knew that yes, she is my zarah.

*********************************
Zarah 's pov.
I went over to the library to get some text books for study. I was quite sick last two weeks and did not attend any lectures. I took a scientific textbook as my mind wandered back to our discussion with Bella. I took my phone,I entered my chat with Waleed and typed "I have something to say, come over to the school library" before hitting the send button. In about 8 minutes or so he arrived.

Our eyes locked into one another as he pulled a chair and sat facing me. I decided to break the silence but then we chorused "I".

"I think you should start" he said with a shaky yet sweet and encouraging voice.
With the fear of rejection, I turned my  face sideways 😔 and tried to say it as low as possible.
"I have feelings for you" I said as I could hear my heartbeat due to its palpitation.
He looked at me with disbelief 🤨 and I didn't know what to think. Was he happy or angry, that I don't know, The only thing I knew was that I was nervous and the tension was getting thicker.
"I'm sorry". What was that supposed to mean I thought.
"sorry for what" I asked.
"Sorry for not loving you back".

***********************************
There is still zero comments. How I'm I supposed to know how to improve the book and please the readers. Air your thoughts please.