🏠 Home...

This chapter is for tasleemarh , she's also a great fan of the book. Love you 😘.
Zahra's pov.
After our farewell sleepover at the John's, we headed to our apartment, parked our stuff and headed to the airport. That was 4:
Oh, almost forgot, do you remember Emma, the twins' bestie. She also joined us after she was told we were all having a great time together.

I reminisced about my life in Oxford, England. I'll be back to Nigeria in about an hour. I never returned even during holidays. My family were the ones to always visit. This was because of my funny attitude when I visited the first time 😂. I was accompanied by them to the airport, but I became soo homesick that I refused to board the plane. I instead waited until they left, before I called a cab. Luckily, they went somewhere else from the airport. They came home and found me sleeping on the couch. I was returned to the airport that same day, they booked the next flight to England, and my efforts to stay were in vain. Since then, papa refused to let me visit. Instead, they came to me. Well they haven't for a year now.

******************************
Nigeria.

Our plane landed around 9 in the morning. Friends and family were there to welcome me. I couldn't even recognize some. People like our plump Aunt Hafsa that is now almost slimmer than me. I looked at the woman Hugging me in awe.
"Aunty Hafsa" I called to confirm and she released me from the hug and gave me an affirmative nod.
"Ji yanda yarinya ta zama katuwar budurwa, Lallai na kusa na samu jikoki(Look how she's grown into a woman, I know I'll soon have grandkids)" she said.
I couldn't help but roll my eyes and let out a soft chuckle. African Aunts I thought to myself.

To the other side, I saw my old time pals, Khadijah and Rabi'atu.
Immediately our eyes met, they crushed me into a tight hug. I hugged them back.
A great feeling of Euphoria coming over me. I looked back to my other aunties and uncles, my cousins and then my childhood friends. I truly didn't realize that I missed them all until now that I'm seeing them.

We went home not after Ya Abdallah bought me a new red dress and yet again another pair of black shoes. He is the best bro one could ever ask for. He forced me to change into my new clothes right in the boutique. I was surprised. A welcome back mini dinner party was planned for me, no wonder Ya Abdallah made me wear this dress. I was celebrated and everyone was happy with my great result. I didn't quite enjoy the party. All I wanted was rest. And I haven't reached my room yet. I hope it's the same as I left it though I noticed that the house was repainted. Later on, they started taking their leave, one by one. I heaved a sigh as aunt Hafsa whom was the last person left. I knew she'd be. Ammi said she'll be the one to take me to my room.

My room, it's changed. I said to my Ammi.
"Well don't you like it".
"No Ammi" I replied with a smile.
"I'm sad about that but I'll be sure to get back your old furniture and everything".
"Ammi" I said laying emphasis on the name. "I don't like it, I LOVE IT 😻" I said giving her a hug and then a peck on the cheek.

I walked around the room, it was now white and a touch of gray. I like the color, simple and exquisite. Ammi stood by the door smiling at me as I continued my survey. She later left leaving me alone in the room.
"Toh, ni zan tafi, you should rest"
She said before leaving.
Just what I was waiting for, I jumped onto my bed and slept off making up my mind to call Waleed immediately i wake up.

******************************
Just as I planned, I called Waleed immediately I woke up. That was around 5 in the evening.
Hello Amor, yakike. I hope you're back safe.

Lafiya kalau, my Amanté, I'm finally back, hope you're doing great too.

Yeah, just missing you a lot, I will come see you later today or maybe tomorrow if you don't mind.

I guess you should come tomorrow, I want today all to myself.

Oof, you don't even miss me, I thought you'll insist that I visit you today.

No, that's not it. I miss you just as much, it's just that people are coming to welcome me, I don't want to leave the house, so I won't be able to come out. By the way, what are you doing rn.

I'm just chilling, home alone. Shaa.. they even left without telling me where they were going.

Don't worry, you'll find out once they're back. Well I just woke up now.

Erm.. I wanted to talk about this once more, when will we have standard names for each other.

Today I guess, I'm giving you a funny nickname, and that'll be what I'll be calling you.

Well then, we have to be even, I'll give you an equally funny name.

Okay, Waleedidi ,
(I heard him laugh over the phone
but that sounds really awful, I've changed my mind so lets skip that, you deserve a sweet name. Oh! A sweet one just popped up in my head rn, but it doesn't actually have a meaning, it's just a shortened version of your name.

Okay, just say it, you've started your annoying explanations. You'll do anything just to talk. Talkative😏.
(He joked.)

Okay, alright. It's...

Geez..., just say it.

LEED!.Dandarararan!!!!

🤩 Wow, I love it. And that sounds better love, since mine sounds great, and I love it, I'll give you a nice one too, I'll shorten your name too. How about Arah!

Yay! Mine sounds better than yours.
(I joked.)

We were suddenly interrupted by the creaking of my door. It was ya Abdallah. With a smile plastered on his face.

"Yaya, you used to be quite grumpy. But now you've turned into a smiley face" I said. Making him let out a soft chuckle.

"If I don't smile at my lil sis, who will I smile at then" he said.
"By the way, Maama is calling you downstairs, Khadijah and her mom are here to see you".

***************************
I think we'll give it a break here. Thanks for reading 😊.