Chapter 26

!!Double update!! in celebration of reaching 1k followers. 

••• 

In the expanse of the extravagant room, an Unavoidable nothingness surrounded. The quiet was very deafening when the room was crammed with more than two people.

"Mr. Governor I am sorry but If you have called me here only for a silent session, then you are wasting my precious time. I have more important works to do so would you like to speak something now?" A man wearing a black suit spoke up after bearing 15 minutes of nerve wrecking silence. 

The old man motions to his assistant to get some papers while he sips water from a glass placed on the neat table. The adjustment was simple- two couches facing each other, one occupied by Governor and the other by the black-clothed man with a table separating them in middle.

"Lee Jong-suk." An old cracked voice called the male in front.

"Yes, I'm here." The said man sighed impatiently because he wasn't here to just hear the governor of the country call his name.

"I know we have been on bad terms since the last incident. After breaking your and taehyung's engagement-"

"Come straight to the point Mr. Governor, I don't want to know what transpired in the past." The mullet-haired guy interrupted the sentence in middle not liking old man's 'beating around bush'.

"Okay, I'll straight come to the point, lee. I want you to shake hands with us." Jin-ho professed eyeing the man in front raising his brow at him.

"Interesting. Very interesting. And I might ask what is the sudden necessity of joining hands with your enemies Mr. Kim?" Lee inquired with amusement written all over his face.

"My bitch son. He is no longer usable and I am afraid he will ruin all the hard work I did to reach this position. He's completely out of my control." Governor answered looking at the glass placed on the table.

The information got jong suk to smirk a little because he can predict where this is going and he's taking pleasure in it.

"So, what do you want me to do?" Lee asked.

There was a pause before the governor made opaque eye contact with a man in front.

"Kill him." 

A long dark silence stretched in the room. Jong suk was awestruck at the words but did not let them affected or surface over his face.

It was a common thing. People who are in politics or involved with the underworld don't even let their blood relations come in a way of their dark success. They can go to any extent to get power and money so it wasn't new to see someone making deal with their enemies to kill their own blood. 

"I will do it. But what will I get in return? You know I don't do charity work just because we are now on the same side." The man talks his mind. He won't do it for free of course.

"Sure you won't do it for free and I know you don't take money as a premium so I have something you won't be able to say no to." The old man retorted a well-known fact, lee has no desire for money because they have blind money, enough to even buy a bank.

"Tell me the deal." The man's interest was piqued.

"A throne of the underworld." 

Jong suk's eyes enlarged at the mention and it was the old man's turn to smirk.

"You're not fucking with me right?" Lee barked almost taking it as a fraud fake deal because who would believe it?

Governor scoffed shaking his head before signing his assistant to put papers on the desk.