Chapter 11

Taehyung run all the way to the edge and ducked his head down but it was only sandy air creating the cloud of dead soil.

"I'm here." The voice came from the back making older snap his head behind.

There sat his bunny on the abandoned fuel drums. Eyes squinted because of the bright sun. 

"You scared the fuck out of me, bun." Taehyung recited approaching the lazily crouched figure.

"Why? Do you think I killed myself out of frustration?" Brown-haired mocked.

"Sort of." Taehyung replied smiling and shaking his head in skepticism. No one has ever made him this much scared, he had never been scared to lose anyone because he never cared. 

But now it was different, he was scared to lose someone, someone's life holds value to him. He felt unfamiliar heat spreading inside his chest, the kind he lastly felt when his mother was on death bed and caressed his head for the last time before taking her last breath.

Taehyung paced to his bunny boy before engulfing him in a tight hug. Affection isn't his language anymore but he still craved it.

Jungkook was taken back for a moment but let his tight muscle relax when he didn't spot any danger from other male. Ravenette was just simply hugging him as if he was trying to find solace in him.

Older pulled apart looking into the confused doe eyes which were slightly narrowing because of the direct sun rays. Taehyung smiled finding it cute before adjusting himself at the spot that blocks the sun from directly meeting his bunny's Bambi eyes. 

For the first time, taehyung felt the urge to protect someone and hide from this cruel world.

He smiled genuinely for the first time softly cupping the awed boy's face.

"Jungkookie, please don't leave me. I need you. Stay with me and I'll give you the world." Taehyung sincerely confessed and younger felt his heartbeat race in his ears for a moment. He isn't used to hearing such confessions. He was a nerd almost all his life so people don't give him much attention unless he scores top.

Brunette kept looking in charcoal orbs which used to be so dull but right now... he can see a tiny bit of spark deep inside, a certain flicker of warmess. 

But it didn't take long for him to come back to the reality as his rational mind reminded him of the situation and the specific questions circling inside his brain after knowing the death news of his best friend.

With a determined expression and avoiding the older's pinned gaze jungkook asked.

"Did you kill shein?" 

There comes a question. taehyung had already seen it coming.

"You guess." 

"I don't know that's why I'm asking you." Boy responded.

"Well, why do you think I killed her?" 

"I don't know that too." 

"Then how can you say I killed her?" Ravenette raises a brow but smirked afterward when he glimpsed jungkook nodding his head with a puzzled face. It was so easy to trick him or should we say manipulate(?)

Younger only hummed before taehyung extended his hand.

"Come, it's too hot in here you'll get sick." 

Older took the boy back inside the house, this time not forgetting to lock the terrace door.

They munched on a few snacks while watching a k drama when taehyung's smart watch chimed. The only thing he keeps when he's with jungkook because he can't take a risk to keep a phone or laptop or anything which can help his bun escape so he only uses the smartwatch which he kept wearing 24'7 and puts it away safely before sleeping.