Chapter 2

Jungkook placed his bag on shared apartment couch beside his roommate who was engrossed in watching the news.

The reporter was broadcasting about four dead bodies been founded in the outer area of Seoul in an underground sewerage waterway. 

"Hey, dude. You're bac- the hell?! What happened to your face?" Mingyu asked with shock putting the remote aside.

"Nothing just a little accident happen way back home." A brown-haired male answered hissing when he touched his bruised jaw.

"Come here, I'll bandage it up." His roommate offered before leaving to grab a first aid kit from the kitchen.

Jungkook sat on the couch looking for any other bruises on his body by lifting his large size hoodie.

Mingyu came with a medical kit and applied the needed ointments to clean the wounds. He put a bandage gently as his friend kept whining like a baby.

"Who told you to be a hero when you can't even protect yourself." Mingyu scolded while treating the wounds.

Brunette only pouted before his roommate told him to remove his hoodie so he can check if there was any other bruises but jungkook refused as he just wanted a warm bath.

"By the way, jungkookie... Did you come home before going out?" His housemate interrogated.

"No, why?" 

"Nothing, it's just... when I came earlier... The front door was open. I thought it must be you because yugyeom is at his hometown and bam bam is also out of the city." Mingyu mumbled with an unsettled expression.

"Did anything get stolen?"

"No. Everything is in its spot nothing seems to be out of place."

"Oh, then it might be our landlord. You know him, he sometimes comes to check the condition of the apartment and no one else has the extra key of home beside him." Jungkook convinced washing away his roommate's suspicion.

Brunette just shrugged and went to his room. He lived with his three University friends. Others have already started their jobs or making their desired career while he is still having hard times finding a well-settled job.

Jungkook locked his room and started removing his dirt-covered clothes throwing them into a laundry basket as he went into the attached bathroom to have a nice warm shower after a tiring day.

He completed his not-so-interesting night routine and ate the food his roommate ordered from the nearby restaurant. Typical Bachelor's life.

The brunette was now in his pajama sitting on his chair with a laptop on the table beside the window as he was checking for any updates from the applied job but there were none. It was very unusual because he always at least has one or two interviews from the small companies but today there weren't any responses.

He sighed putting away the laptop and decided to sleep early. His brain can't take any more stress than this, he's already worn out because of people constantly taunting him about how he was the university topper yet couldn't find a single job suitable for himself while his classmates who have failed in four subjects are getting better paid than his expectations.

Jungkook emptied all the thoughts and snuggled inside his bunny-printed purple blanket which his only family, his grandma gifted him before he left his town for further studies.

Meanwhile...

Taehyung was parking his car after ending another chaotic- bloody- crazy day at work. His work of line makes him happy but at the same time dealing with assholes daily did make him exhausted.