What are you hiding?

(Timeskip to a month)

~Astrid~

Another month has passed. I am 4 months pregnant and we have moved to a new place. Michael have been acting really weird this past month though but whenever I question him, he dodges it completely. I wonder what he is up to.

I was cooking lunch for the kids and I while Michael was working. Raelynn is such a dear and was helping me. All three of us were laughing and dancing to music. Life like this does warm my heart. Oh how I love my family.

After a few hours, Michael came back and he walked over to me, hugging me carefully and rubbing my stomach. "Hello my love. How was your day?" He asked while pecking my lips. I pecked his lips back and smiled. "It was good. The kids have been such great help! How about you?" I looked up at him and he grabbed my face gently.

"Work is work. Can't do much. I'm happy now that I get to see you and the kids." He smiled and pecked my forehead. "Same here. We haven't ate yet but I have made dinner for all of us." I said while I grabbed his hand and brought him to the table. He sat down and I called Raelynn over while I went to get Everett.

She rushed from her room and ran up to Michael, hugging him. He chuckled and kissed the top of her head. "I missed you too. Let's eat!" She nodded and sat down on the chair. I came back with Everett and sat him down on the high chair, me sitting afterwards.

After an hour or so with eating and talking, We went to the living and watched a movie before the kids had to go to sleep. I don't spoil them too much but I wanna give my kids everything. They deserve to be happy.

~Michael~

Astrid has been questioning me and I'm like really scared. I don't want to tell her because she's pregnant again and I don't want her to stress out or worry. If I have not met Crystal, this wouldn't have happened. I worry for Astrid and the kid's safety. I don't want anything to happen to them.

But fuck Crystal man. I fucking hate her! If she also have not known where I moved to, all of this wouldn't have happened. Jace have been calling and texting me because he's really worried about us. I appreciate him a lot for caring about my family and I. I'm glad Astrid have found him.

When I got out of my thought, I saw that everyone is sleeping with Astrid snuggling up to me. I smiled to myself and I start to feel tears fall from my eyes. Fuck. I'm crying. I gently laid Astrid's head on the arm rest and walked to the bathroom, locking it behind me.

I started to cry even harder. I clenched onto my chest and sat on the floor. I'm so scared. Why did this have to happen to my family. I wouldn't know what I would do if I lost either of them.

I jumped a little when I heard a soft knock on the door. "Daddy?" Raelynn softly asked and I quickly unlocked the door, opening it. I couldn't hide how I feel to my daughter. "Are you okay?" She then asked and walked over to me, wiping my tears away. "I'm not but daddy will be okay. Just for you." I replied and gave her a small smile.

She nodded and hugged me. I hugged her back tightly and started to cry again. My heart hurts to much. I can't let her hurt them. My family are my everything. They make me the happiest. They changed my life and I'm so glad that I get to have this. I'm so lucky to have my kids and I'm very lucky to have Astrid.

If it wasn't for Astrid, I would be very miserable.

"Okay Raelynn. Let's go to bed okay? Don't worry. I'll put your mommy and brother to bed too." She nodded and let go of me, holding my hand and walked over to her room. She tucked herself in and I pecked her forehead. "Goodnight my love." I said and left to go get Everett and put him in his room.

Once I did that, I went back to the living room and looked at Astrid sleeping. She looks so peaceful. So beautiful. I can't believe that I managed to get her. I don't deserve her at all. I'm just lucky. Very lucky.

I gently carried her, bridal style, walking over to our room. I slowly laid her on the bed and covered her with the blanket. I walked over to the other side and laid down, making sure not to wake her. I slowly wrapped my arm around her belly and held it, crying again. Fuck. Crystal have ruined me.

She ruined my life and has me worrying about my family and I's safety.

"I'm so sorry Astrid. I can't tell you this to your face but I need to say it. Crystal is trying to hurt you and I'm doing my best to protect you. I'm sorry that this is happening. I truly feel that this is my fault. I will do anything to keep you and our family safe. I love you and the kids so much. I hope you know that. I really love you. I'm sorry." I whispered and closed my eyes as tears stain my face.

~Astrid~

I heard everything. I heard what Michael have said.

I slowly opened my eyes and started to cry silently. A life that we are just starting is disappearing.