Chapter 12: Poor Little Guy

Start from the beginning

Seeing Nian Wenran's expectant big eyes, Lin An couldn't bear to... just kidding. "We're going out to sea today."

"I know, so I prepared a straw hat." Nian Wenran shook the straw basket.

Lin An took a closer look, and indeed, there was a straw hat inside. He thought the straw basket was just a decoration.

"Go and change into clothes that will allow you to move more easily. I think today's task might be a bit heavy." More than just a bit heavy, the director is practically a devil. Lin An remembered from the book that the guests thought they were going on a beautiful vacation on a cruise ship, only to end up picking up marine debris.

That's not the main issue; the problem is that the director didn't inform them beforehand, and everyone dressed up very delicately. Especially the female guests, who wore dresses, making the tasks much more difficult. Of course, the program's effect is precisely what the director and the audience want, as for the guests' experiences, it can be summarized in four words: they're full of tears!

"Ah,  I spent so long choosing my clothes." Nian Wenran felt a little regretful, "The director shouldn't be so cruel, right?"

Lin An gently knocked on Nian Wenran's head. "Think about how we arrived on the island on the first day, and you'll know if the director can be this cruel or not."

Watching Nian Wenran walk into the room with her little head drooped,, Lin An couldn't help adding, "Yesterday's outfit was pretty good too."

If Nian Wenran had ears on her head, her ears would have immediately stood up at this moment.

This time, Lin An only waited for a short while before Nie Wenran came out. She was wearing a sportswear set, similar in color to yesterday's.

Still so beautiful.

When the two went downstairs to have breakfast, the others in the cabin were also almost ready. During this time, Lin An kindly reminded them that they could change into different clothes, but everyone thought Lin An was overly worried.

When they reached the boat, when the director announced that today's task was to manually salvage marine debris,Lu Ruifeng asked first, "Director, can I go back and change clothes now?"

Actually, Lu Ruifeng, wearing large floral shorts, didn't need to change clothes. The main concern was Dao Huiqing, who was wearing a floral dress, and Lu Ruifeng was a bit worried.

"It's a bit late now because the captain has arrived." The director pointed to the captains on the opposite side, who were getting ready to go, and waved his hand indicating that he couldn't do anything about it.

There was no other way, the guests could only pair up and board the salvage boat, preparing for the task.

After Lin An and Nie Wenran boarded the boat, the captain gave them an extended version of the fishing net and a waterproof suit similar to an apron.

After Nie Wenran took the "apron" and looked at it, feeling that it couldn't prevent any water, she asked, "Captain, can we wear the 'complete version' waterproof suits like yours?"

"Sure." The captain went to the place where miscellaneous items were stacked and brought back two sets of waterproof suits for them. Seeing their puzzled expressions, he explained, "The waterproof suits just now were provided by the director, specially prepared for you."

Lin An and Nie Wenran exchanged glances. The director was indeed a cunning fox.

The captain sailed ahead, stopping when they encountered a small amount of floating garbage he would stop and let Lin An and the others salvage. It was the first time they operated such a long fishing net, and it was quite challenging.