The moment it opened, she held her breath. And when she saw those awfully familiar, onyx orbs, all the memories inside her head replayed. He opened the door silently and she walked inside wordlessly.

Sasuke shut the door and turned around, only to see the pinkette staring at her with an emotion in her large, emerald eyes that he couldn't decipher. But he was sure - she looked lonely.

He took the time to memorize her features and she did the same thing. They wanted to memorize each other's appearances and engrave it inside their minds forever. However, each time a second would pass, Sakura would feel her eyes getting glassy as tears are threatening to spill out any moment. She realized that even after accepting the fact that they're never going to work, it still hurts. It still breaks her fragile heart. It hurts to let go of the things you want to keep or the people you want to be part of your life.

"I'm leaving for America in a little while," she swallowed. "Merry Christmas, Sasuke."

Sasuke could feel his heart breaking when he heard her soft voice. He took large steps towards her and pulled her into a tight hug, kissing her head as well.

Sakura cried.

She'll never be ready for this. She was strong enough to accept but not enough to forget. No, she'll never forget Sasuke and the great memories he had with her.

"I want to be with you this time," he whispered painfully in her ear. "But I..."

"But we can never be with each other." She continued, tears streaming down her face.

He slowly let go of her and bit his lower lip. Carefully, he slid his hand inside the pocket of his black slacks. Sakura stiffened on her spot when she saw a red, small box in his hand. He opened it and took the ring out, losing himself in her eyes for the last time.

"I gave you a plastic ring and as promised, I'm giving you a real ring this time." Sasuke stated, grabbing her trembling hand and sliding the accessory in the ring finger of her left hand. "As a sign that I am... in love with you. Always."

Sakura couldn't describe her emotions properly. It was bittersweet.

"Please don't take this off until your wedding." He pleaded.

"A-Are you going to marry Karin?" She asked softly.

He shook his head, "No... I want to make my own decisions. I don't want my father deciding everything for me."

She pressed her lips tightly. Sakura looked down at the ring on her finger, it had a beautiful emerald gem as its design; it was green like her eyes. She loved it so much.

Sasuke lifted her chin with his hand and leaned in, his lips colliding with hers but it ended the moment it started. It was so quick that Sakura felt disappointed.

He smiled at her - the rare smile he gave her in the past, "Merry Christmas, Sakura."

"Sasuke," she called in a trembling voice. "I'm in love with you, too. Today, tomorrow... always, Sasuke."

He nodded, pulling her into a warm embrace for the last time.

THE END

*****

AUTHOR'S NOTE

First and foremost, thank you so much for viewing my story - despite all those cringe-worthy chapters, horrible grammar, late updates, plot holes - all in all I don't believe this was a good book but you've read it and above all, you supported my writing. A big thanks to you; you add up to my happiness.

I'm sorry if any of you are unsatisfied with this type of ending, I kind of wanted a happy one - or simply a bittersweet end, that kind of stuff. Also, comment down your questions about the story or anything about me (nothing too personal, please) and I'll answer them in the most honest way!! (I'll probably make a chapter for the questions or simply reply through comments)

I kind of cried while writing the ending lmao and I was hesitant of publishing this bc I don't want to finish this yet ;w;

Again, thank you all so much - this book means a lot to me. You guys make me happy!!! Love y'all! :)

False Hope (Modern SasuSaku Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें