Sakura smiled at the situation. It was nice to get a laugh again after all the stressful occurences. And of course, witnessing how Ino is finally moving on and slowly opening her heart again for new opportunities added to her happiness.

***

"Sakura, have you packed yet?" Mebuki asked.

"A few days ago, actually." Sakura replied curtly, nodding.

Kizashi smiled, "The Haruno Industries is back, isn't it great?" He looked over to his daughter and wife happily. "After Christmas, we can just stay and live there—"

"Wait - we're not going back to Japan?" Sakura suddenly asked in surprisement.

"Maybe for your wedding with Naruto, since his relatives are based here." Kizashi responded as he raised a brow. "Honestly, we don't have any reasons to come back at all - excluding the marriage. We don't have anything here in Japan."

The pinkette bit her lip, nodding her head. She tried to convince herself. "I see."

"You're free to do whatever you want, just don't forget we're leaving at six. We need to get to the airport early."

Sakura glanced at the clock, realizing that it's already five in the afternoon. Just an hour left.

Once her parents left her room, she threw her body on the bed. Her hand traveled to her lips, a memory lingering inside her mind. She remembered clearly how soft and warm his lips were and how he kissed her deeply. She once asked him if he really did love her or simply just played with her - and he didn't really give a firm reply. He only said that she knew his answer. And in her heart, she hoped she was right. She hoped he really loved her, because that's how she felt.

It's such a shame that both of them are held captive by their parents; both trapped in the so called fixed marriage just for the sake of the business. Maybe that's how it really goes for them - maybe it's like that; Sakura and Sasuke started a fairy tale but failed to finish it.

A beeping noise interrupted her thoughts. She lifted her body up and reached for her phone on the side table, unlocking it. Her breathing hitched when she saw a text from an unknown number - but she knew who it came from.

Can we meet before you leave? Just for a minute. In my office. I can't leave because of paper works, I'm sorry.

Sakura swallowed and hurriedly stood up, changing into a pair of dark jeans, black boots, turtle neck long sleeves and thick coat. She ran out of the house and hailed a cab.

It was their last chance to see each other. She wouldn't hesitate for a minute.

***

"Mr. Uchiha is free in his office, Miss. You can go."

Sakura went for the elevator and took deep breaths. It was their last chance to be free. She tucked a few strands of her pink hair behind her ear and bit her lower lip. Her heart started hammering against her chest.

When the elevator doors opened, she walked straight to his office. She stared at the door for a few seconds, composing herself. With trembling hands, she balled her fist and gave three knocks on the door.