Chapter 28: A Group of Six

(Hanabi's POV)

"Hanabi, there's someone here to see you," Angela sneaked her head in. Saber, Gusion, and I went upstairs to meet the person, while Grock and Harley went to the kitchen craving some snacks. It was the prince, Dyrroth. He looked different from the night before. The Mooniyan must have worked on him to pull out the dark effects out of him, but now he looked confused.

"Hi. You're Nephila, right? The spider woman from yesterday," he pointed at me nervously.

"Yes, to be exact, my name is Hanabi. What brings you here? Does the castle know you're here?" I said.

"No, they don't. Please don't tell them," he somehow looked scared.

"It's okay, calm down. Let's talk in my office instead," Gusion suggested, but Dyrroth was hesitating

"It's okay. We're just gonna talk. Come on, slowly," I held his arm gently as I led him down the stairs.

In Gusion's office, we let Dyrroth sat on a sofa. I gave him tea to help him relax. "You have something to talk to us?" He nodded, but he didn't look like ready to say any words. "Just tell us when you're ready. Now, make yourself comfortable. I caressed his hair, he didn't resist, instead he looked lighten after that. Gusion busied himself with his computer while I took out my phone to contact Sylvana.

Me: Princess, how's Dyrroth?

Sylvana: He's gone. We treated him last night. The influence of the Abyss is really strong. He went blank and was scared. He escaped before we could reach the treatment house.

Me: He's here. He's fine, but looked shocked.

Sylvana: We're going there to pick him up

Me: Not now. He wanted to tell us something. We're still waiting for him to calm down, then we're gonna talk.

Sylvana: Can you record what he says?

Me: I'll call you.

I called princess Sylvanna and she picked up immediately. Seconds later, Dyrroth finally said a word. "Who am I actually?" Hearing Dyrroth talking, Gusion stopped what he was doing and joined us.

"I don't know much about you, but I'll tell you what I know. You're Prince Aurelius III, son of King Aurelius II. You're kidnapped on your first birthday by The Abyss. Some people thought you're dead, some people including your family still have hope you might be still alive, especially your sister. Despite being the only living heir, a princess, she went on a hard training just so she could join the Chevalier alongside Tigreal to find you. They loved you and they fell into a long misery when you're gone," I explained to him, then I asked him, "What makes you leave the castle?"

"I'm scared. I don't know them," he said.

"Why did you come here, then? You don't know us," Gusion was firm but gentle.

"I don't know. You're the first person I met from the opponent last night. I feel like trusting you. Can I trust you?" He was inconsiderate.

"Sure, you can trust us," Gusion answered in certainty.

"Dyrroth, the castle will be looking for you, but don't be scared. They're your family," I assured him.

"They isolate me in a room full of people casting spells on me," he sounded disappointed.

"Dyrroth," I held his hand. He was astounded, but didn't resist. "Fixing wounds are mostly painful. You're mentally wounded by The Abyss. They made you be someone that you're not supposed to be and The Mooniyan was trying to fix you. They did it for your sake. They didn't do it to hurt you intentionally. Does that make sense?"