Chapter 13: Think About The Place Where You First Met Me

(Gusion's POV)

The sky above was bright and the clouds were moving peacefully.

Her pretty face was bright and the baby was sleeping peacefully.

"You're such a beauty," I told her.

"You're such a loser," Hanabi said coldly.

"What?" I didn't expect her to say that.

"I've given you so many chances, Gusion, but you keep on failing!" She pushed me.

"Hanabi, I'm trying and I'll never stop trying, and why do you have to go there and risk yourself?" I said

"I think I am meant to be there, Gusion. With him," Hanabi stepped back and Saber appeared behind her, cupped her cheek and kissed her passionately. I struck forward, but they disappeared like the clouds.

"Daddy, are you my daddy?" A hand reached me.

"Yes, I am..."

"Then, why are you letting mom go?!" the kid stabbed me.

"Argh!" I woke up from the nightmare. "Gosh, it felt so real," I pulled my hair back. An infusion attached to my wrist. I pulled it off.

"Feeling better, kid?" I looked up to see Dr. Leo and I remembered I was taken to the lab.

"Physically, I'm fine," I stood up and looked for my uniform where I put the lyrics note there. "Shit! My uniform is still in S.A.B.E.R's base."

Grock yawned, woken up by the commotion, "Surely that's not the only one you have."

"It's not about that. My notes were there. What if they find out?" I growled.

"Did they? I mean your uniform has been there for days. Did you see any of their suspicions towards you or Hanabi?" Grock made a point.

I shook my head, but I wasn't sure either because they might be faking it. I tossed aside the thought and went to one of the computers in the lab to reprint the lyrics. Behind me, Angela was asking Dr. Leo about his container. Unexpectedly, Dr. Leo was enjoying her company and even laughed with her. As for Angela who'd never been able to see her creator father again, looked so excited.

I took the printed out paper and walked towards my team. "Guys, can I have a moment, please?"

Everyone gathered as I put the paper on the table we're surrounding. I took a deep breath as I said, "Hanabi told me that we're now in the last phase of the plan, the chorus, the last chance. It means that Wu might've found the encryption code for the Magic Cube this time."

"Would it mean Dr. Wu's going to activate the cube?" Harley was alarmed. I nodded.

"Where's Hanabi?" Dr. Leo asked as he just realized one of us was absent. I told him about Hanabi joining us, but I barely reported to him. After the explosion, Dr. Wu recommended S.A.B.E.R to kick me out of the team as he said I'd be rebellious without Dr. Leo's existence. I sensed something amiss from it, because even though I had been very self-centered during the mission, I had never made a mistake or caused any loss for the organization. If there's any problem, the best thing he could have done was to discipline me, not kick me out. With that suspicion, I took Dr. Leo's body to find closure and unexpectedly he told me about the Magic Cube and how dangerous it is to be kept by Dr. Wu even though he never told me why. Yet, I believe in him, so I took initiative to retrieve the Magic Cube, but I never really discussed the matter with Dr. Leo, so he barely knew what I had been doing.

"She went undercover by her own means," I said.

"What do you mean by 'her own mean'?" He was skeptical.