Chapter 3: What He Said

(Hanabi's POV)

I woke up in the infirmary. My arm hurt so much from Saber's attack last night. It's quite painful to move it around. I looked up to the ceiling, thinking what Saber had said last night. Could he be right that it was my brother's choice and my rage was just because I was too sad and lonely without him. I couldn't put the blame fully on S.A.B.E.R. I think I was crazy to think S.A.B.E.R didn't cause my brother's death. Still, no matter how reckless my brother was, they still caused his death. However, the more I thought about them, the less I wanted to take my revenge. Saber was kinda right. I couldn't get my peace by doing this. I have to move on, but where should I go now?

It had just been a few days since I joined V.E.N.O.M to get my revenge on S.A.B.E.R, but as for now I had pretty much resolved my inner problem, I had no more reason to stay here. I had given up my gene to be mutated, then would it all go to waste?

"Are you sure you're siding with the right team?" I was reminded of what Saber said last night.

Am I? I thought to myself. I trusted Gusion, but as much as I hate S.A.B.E.R now, I didn't think of them as the real bad guys. Now my mind was directed to the thought about who Dr. Leo and Dr. Wu were. Should I find out?

(Gusion's POV)

I walked to the infirmary with a bowl of soup. Angela just got out when I arrived right in front of the room. "Just in time," she was going to take the bowl, but I stopped her. "Let me do this. I need a talk with her," I said. "Very well, then," she left.

"Feeling better?" I saw her looking up at the ceiling looking at nothing. "Your eyes are empty." That's when she noticed me. "If I may guess. You're thinking about what he said last night, aren't you?" I put the bowl on the desk and took a chair beside her bed.

"Don't blame me. I accepted your offer because I want to take revenge for my brother. I didn't even think either you're a good guy or a bad guy," she was so honest.

"I don't blame you. I don't even know what Dr. Leo's plan is for the cube. All I know is that he's a good guy. I've been working with him for quite a long time and I've never once seen him do something bad. Not even to Dr. Wu, not now, not in the past, not in the future. No matter how badly he treated Dr. Leo. But of course I can't convince you and the others to trust me about this. You never know Dr. Leo. Not even you can see him now, so it's totally your choice to trust or distrust." I didn't wanna make anyone in my team feel 'imprisoned' physically or mentally, and so I had to be open about my thoughts. Therefore, if they wanted to stay, they stayed by their own will and not mine.

She looked at me so deeply that I felt like she's reading my mind, which I didn't mind, because everything I said was true. "I feel bored. I need to get up. I'm not used to staying in bed for long." She sat up and ready to stand up, but I held her left arm

"I bring you soup. Eat first." I pointed at the bowl.

"I'm not hungry," she said. I held her right shoulder. "That's an order, Nephila," I saw her face. She was indeed a kind of beauty, so I kissed her. I'm ready to risk a slap on my face, but it never came out. I could only hear her heavy breathing.

Even so, she pushed me gently after a while, "Is that part of the order too, Emperor?" She smiled.

"Eat your soup," I kissed her cheek and gave her the soup.

She took the bowl with her left hand and I just realized she couldn't use her right hand. I took back the bowl. "I'll feed you." And there we go, she started blushing again. "Don't blush or I'll kiss you even more."

"You really can't stop teasing, Gus," she bit her lower lip, very inviting, yet I didn't wanna rush.

"At least, you're the only girl I like to tease, Hanabi," I continued to feed her the soup.