Chapter 26: Returning The Prince

(Hanabi's POV)

The sky turned dark faster that afternoon when the dark mist covered above the Mooniyan Empire. King Aurelius II and King Estes gained their forces to fight the Abyssal Armies. Thamuz, alongside Alice led the fierce demon army to launch their attack towards the vanguard, larger and fiercer than the Mooniyan armies. However, the brave warriors of the Mooniyan never once showed fear. They fought tooth and nail to defend their beloved land from the terror of the Abyss.

After victory in our first war along the Paxleys against the Abyss attack on the Avalor, princess Sylvanna had personally sent the V.E.N.O.M to a certain mission regarding the Abyss on a certain occasion, and today was one of those occasions. We got one very important mission for the King, which was to take back their stolen prince, Dyrroth. We splitted up to spot Dyrroth's location and fought some of the demon armies along the way.

"Vespid, any finding from above?" Gusion checked for updates.

"I had some glances on him, but he disappeared quickly. From the track points, he's likely heading towards Nephila or Octopus,"

"Nephila, Octopus, stay alert and watch for signs of its presence," Gusion commanded. I struck on the demons who were heading my way. I save my Higanbana to deal with the prince later. Suddenly, a sharp impact hit my body and sent me flying several meters to the side.

"He's..." I touched my earpiece, but it wasn't working. The impact hit so hard that it broke the earpiece, at the same time I felt my ears were ringing and I took off the broken earpiece.

"Who are you?" Dyrroth smirked mockingly, observing me from up to toe. "With your red eyes, you looked like a demon yourself, you know?" The young prince really had turned into a weapon to fight against his own family.

"It's Nephila," I said as I stood up. "You're not belong to the Abyss, Dyrroth. You're kidnapped by them," I steady myself facing him.

"Do you think I will believe that? I don't even know you," he smirked and launched his attack on me and I dodged. His Spectre Step was incredibly fast and massive. I couldn't go head to head with him all by myself. I had my Higanbana, but I still need Gusion to provide follow up damage. My damage alone won't affect his resilience. The soul scroll slowed him down, but he recovered from it very quickly. He countered my attack with his burst strike and slowed me down. He was about to launch his abysm strike on me when Tigreal jumped in and canceled him.

"You okay?" He asked me. I nodded

"Owh, Tigreal?" Alice descended gracefully in front of us. "You had some alliance now? I heard they called themselves V.E.N.O.M, is it?" She smirked at me. "Such a silly name."

"Give us the prince or you'll end up like Kalon," Tigreal said.

"Oh, Kalon? Yeah, I remember him. He died from your weapon," she pointed at me. "I'm not surprised. He's weak." She said sassily.

"What are you doing here? There's no time to chit-chat!" Thamuz came along with Selena and immediately struck towards us. Tigreal dashed forward to block the attack.

"Don't get yourself caught, Dyrroth," Alice signed him to go away.

"You underestimate me?" Dyrroth was annoyed.

"Stop complaining. Just go!" Alice snapped at him. He followed her instructions unwillingly and left. I left Tigreal and the other chevaliers to deal with the Abyss, while I followed Dyrroth. I spotted Harley along the way and he followed me to chase Dyrroth. He told the rest of the V.E.N.O.M about our finding and they catched up moments later. Dyrroth stopped in a dead end between two massive cliffs.