Chapter 16: Should've Known

(Third Person's POV)

As slick as an eel's moves as silent as a snake's attack, Wu was not letting anything head on his way to his ambition. He recruited every single worker he had very carefully, including his hacker, Harry, to make sure all his plans ran as they should.

"Sir, someone hacked into our CCTV," Harry reported.

"Who is it? It can't be that girl again, is it?" Wu was preparing the cube.

"I think it's the other V.E.N.O.M," Harry assumed. Wu sighed.

"They never seem to ever give up. Let them see what they want. Show me the real-time CCTV," he commanded him. Harry turned to his laptop to counter-hack Harley's attack on their security system. He set their CCTV display to real-time view, while he let Harley's display stay showing the hacked one.

"All done, professor," he showed professor Wu the real-time view. Wu checked on the cell room where Saber had just arrived to check on Hanabi and listen to their conversation and all the things after that. Wu smirked a wicked smile. Harry asked hi, "Saber knows. How can we assure him back?"

"We cannot assure him if he already knows the truth," Wu said calmly.

"How can we face them then? Both squads will gather force to fight against us," Harry was hesitating.

"No. Why do you think I made all of these arrangements?" Wu asked him and Harry shook his head. "Because, I've seen this coming," Wu showed him a paper note he found in Gusion's uniform the night they captured him. Harry learned the notes and understood immediately.

"She managed to plot all the movements of S.A.B.E.R," Harry concluded.

"Pretty much like that. Tell some of our men to secure the power plant. Electrocute them and send them to wherever she is. Call all of our men to the safe area. Get ready to watch the spectacle that will soon begin," Wu let out an evil laugh and left to the other door to their safe area.

(Gusion's POV)

My heart was pounding fast as I heard Saber's voice from Hanabi's earpiece. It's either true that Saber had sided with us or he took Hanabi hostage. Angela, Grock, and Harley had distinctive features on their body, so it wasn't easy for them to move around. I had to make some distraction when we passed the room with Wu's assistants in it, so they could walk past. We arrived at the cell room and I finally felt a sense of relief when I saw Hanabi out of her cell, yet at the same time I felt burnt because she was holding Saber. She let off herself when she saw me and walked towards me. She held my chest to prevent me from attacking Saber.

"I've seen your jealous face since before you reached here," she said soothingly. I always lost to her soothing voice.

"If you've seen that, then why did you hug that bastard, huh?" I kissed her lip angrily. She smiled shyly as everyone there watched us. I didn't care.

She held on my chest and looked up to me as she explained, "It's just a friendly hug. Saber has been listening to your conversation through my earpiece. He has something to say to you." She stepped aside and rubbed both me and Saber's arm. "Be nice. We're now on the same page," she walked towards Angela leaving us in an awkward staring competition.

"So, you've heard everything. What do you want to say?" I started the talk.

"I'm sorry. I've hurt you and the V.E.N.O.M," he said. I nodded.

"Lizard, my armor," I took my uniform from Grock. "Girls, please," I signed the girl to turn around so I could change. Angela did as told, but not Hanabi.

"I think you don't mind, Emperor," she said teasingly.

"Don't blame me if you're turned on, I can't help you," I said calmly as I changed to my uniform quickly.