Chapter 18: I'll Pick You Up

(Gusion's POV)

"Why do you always make me worry to death, Nephila?" I touched her chin and faced her to me. She smiled weakly and leaned on my palm comfortably. "I should have not ever recruited you into my squad," I pulled her chin so her lip opened slightly. I'll clean that bastard's mark on her lips.

"If you didn't, I'll never know if my lover even existed," she whispered soothingly.

"Let me clean up that lips of yours," I kissed her and she let me invade her deeply and passionately. "You're mine."

"Yes, I'm yours, Emperor." I stopped after a few moments and I felt satisfied. Hanabi went to take care of our fallen friends. I walked slowly towards Saber who was leaning on the wall, contemplating with his own mind. I sat beside him, facing towards our friends.

"I couldn't keep my promise to you. I hurt her. I'm sorry. I don't deserve her," he said in defeat.

"You know? I hate to tell you this, but Hanabi cares about you. She once mentioned about you being part of the 1718 lab experiment and concerned about the reason why you're recruited into S.A.B.E.R. Does she have feelings for you?" I sighed. "I don't know either."

"She only loves you. She attacked me after the interrogation room accident, cried when you're beaten up, and you must be aware that you're her first time," he conceded.

"That doesn't hide the fact that she cares about you," I said to ease him. I did hate him, but after seeing his struggle to keep Hanabi safe, I started to respect him.

"You don't need to entertain me," he said, annoyed.

"I like to see you look weaker than me," I said and we both laughed.

"I'm starting to understand how to control it. It's the matter of managing your memory. Bad memories lead us to being desperate. The more we feel desperate, the more it can control you, because desperation makes you want to give up on yourself. It wasn't easy, but I need to brief my team about this," Saber explained his theory.

"Could that be applied to Angela as well?" I knew she's not a human, but just putting up a hope.

"I'm not sure. She's a robot," he answered briefly.

"Yeah, right," I said.

"We have to get out of here," he sat up straight.

"What do you think Wu's doing now?" I stood up and offered my hand.

"Let's get out of here first," he took my hand and I pulled him to stand. We both walked towards Hanabi who was fixing our friend's position, so they were laid down comfortably. We helped her out around and checked if there was any fatal damage. The three of us then sat in the circle. Trying to think of a way to get out of this sealed shut place.

"Is there any way for us to call for backup? Our earpieces were not working here," Hanabi looked at her earpiece hopelessly.

"I've tried to call for backup when we pushed back here, but he didn't give any response," I said. "The seal must have been coded to a system Wu had made, but we need someone from the outside to hack on it."

"Who are you calling?" Saber asked.

"My brother," I answered briefly

"Through?" He asked again.

"Spell. We created a binding spell before I left my home back then, so that if one of us needed help, we could use it to call for backup. It's a single use spell, so we have to use it wisely, and I used it up before," I explained

(Hanabi's POV)

Suddenly the building rumbling again and the seal opened. Our guards up as we thought there might be some kind of robot army that Wu prepared for us. Turns out, there was just one figure standing in the doorway. "Brother?" Gusion walked towards the person. Aamon Paxley, the eldest of Paxley families. He was matched up to Guinevere from Baroque, but they both canceled it. He looked dignified and serious with his upright body, a cold aura surrounding him. But when he smiled after seeing his younger brother, he looked so charming that everyone would forget the cold impression he brought up before. "I thought you didn't get my signal," Gusion embraced him in a bro hug.