Chapter 11: The Unexpected Joy

(Hanabi's POV)

Being part of the S.A.B.E.R was quite stressful. Imagine you have to be on duty almost 24/7. You couldn't really enjoy your sleep because even if we slept, we had to be ready since the enemy had been constantly putting up a sudden attack on us. I woke up from my bed and went straight for a shower, but then I felt something weird.

My head felt a bit dizzy and I felt nauseous. Am I poisoned again? Saber had been strict about Gusion and restrained me from visiting him. I thought it was quite reasonable for me to have my suspicions on him. Until... I threw up in the sink, yet there's nothing coming out but my saliva. You must be kidding me!

I got ready and put on my uniform. Before I came to our daily briefing, I went to a nearby pharmacy to buy a couple of test packs. I also bought some cookies for the other members, so the others will think that I went to buy some breakfast. After the briefing, I went to the bathroom and did the test. Few minutes felt like hours as I felt nervous to see the result. I was fidgeting with my blade as I counted time to the last seconds. I looked at it in a full shock. No, no, no! Not now, please! I took a second test wishing for a different result, but it still showed the same result. I covered my face, feeling stupid and regretful. I didn't understand what I felt regret for. I had the best time with Gusion and I love kids, but the circumstances were not quite right. "Gusion..." I cried out his name, hoping he was now beside me.

***

Gusion had been much better after a few days under Rafaela's care. The idea of her touching his skin to fix his injuries was quite irritating. He was taken by Johnson and Cyclops to the interrogation room as Saber and I would have our session with him. His hands chained on the table. The room was soundproof. I spotted one camera above the table hanging on the ceiling. It acted as a recording device. They didn't put any CCTV in the S.A.B.E.R's interrogation room as their contents were often classified, not risking someone hacking into it. I secretly took out a key and stuck it under my shoes. I struggled to gather myself as I was still in shock from finding out my pregnancy. I had not decided either to let Gusion know or to keep it until everything was settled. Saber walked forward.

"What do you want now?" Gusion said coldly.

"She'll do the talking," Saber gave a way for me. I sat on the opposite chair from Gusion.

"Oh, so you think I'll be softened just because it's her?" he glanced at Saber who ignored him.

"Gusion, isn't it too unfair for you to involve your members in this matter?" I said.

"Magic Cube shouldn't fall to the wrong hand, Hanabi, and it's not belong to Dr. Wu in any way," he said firmly.

"But Dr. Leo? You don't know his motive for creating that cube," I countered his statement.

"And you don't know what Dr. Wu's going to do about it either. Just because he's more superior than you, you can't just let him encrypt it. I'm afraid there won't be a turn back once it's activated," he said.

"Dr. Wu's under our watch," Saber interrupted.

"He's petty! He can't be trusted!" He clenched his fist.

"Gusion, focused on me," I looked him in his eyes. "You've once mentioned that Dr. Leo doesn't even trust you," I tried to find certainty in his eyes.

"He trusts me," he was indeed very certain.

"That's what you said, not what he said," I sighed, "So why wasting your time on someone who is not sure about you?" I held his hand empathetically, "Come with me, Gusion, please," he stayed silent. "I hate to see your white pale face like days before," I told him.