Chapter 9: X Marks The Spot

(Gusion's POV)

That man really has a death wish!

I took out a piece of paper which contained the lyrics. I made sure to hide the content from the CCTV in case someone will put a sus on it. "Gusion, about that, I just remember that I had a point to say before we left back then," Angela moved closer and pointed at the phrase 'prison break'. "At first, I thought it was about the lower prison in S.A.B.E.R's base, but maybe it's related to our state right now," she said in a whisper.

"She's plotting for us to be here," I said.

"Would this mean something this time? It didn't mean anything in the last verse," Harley pointed at the 'X marks the spot'.

"The reason you're looking for is not even here." I remembered Hanabi's words earlier. "I think it is. Look around and see if we can find anything related," I said. We all start to wonder around. I was considering using Scout Spell, but this spell was the last one, so I had to use it wisely. If the clue was true, it would be worth it, but if it's not, it would be wasted. But after an hour, we couldn't find anything.

"Vespid, use this," I took out the spell and gave it to Angela. She has the best sight among us, so it's best to let her use the spell.

"Isn't this the last one you have?" She made sure.

"Yes, just hope it'll be worth it, so do your best. Direct Harper to anything related to 'X' sign," I told her. Once she activated the spell Harper the ghost would come out to look for anything the user wanted to know. Harper can only be seen by the user, in this case Angela and Angela would be able to see through Harper's point of view. The spell would be active for 5 minutes only. Angela faced the wall before she started to avoid suspicion. I leaned back on the wall beside her.

"We're ready," she said.

"If anything, it should be around the S.A.B.E.R working area which was this to the upper floor. So we started from here to the top floor. Do it fast and effectively. We only have less than 5 minutes."

Above the special facility were respectively S.A.B.E.R members' office, Magic Cube, the lab, and Dr. Wu's office. Angela focused on scanning the area through Harper's sight.

"Found it," her eyes narrowed as she looked into something.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"It's a metal safe box on the upper floor. There's a web mark on the back corner of it. I assume it's hers," Angela didn't mention Hanabi's name in case Saber noticed our whispering.

"What's inside it?" I whispered back to her.

Angela directed Harper to look into it and her face was astounded, "No way!"

"What??" I asked her impatiently.

"It's the cube," she said in a very careful and low voice.

"The one we saw is a fake then?" Grock sat facing Saber while listening to our finding.

"Look into it carefully. Is that the real one?" I said.

"We ran out of time. Harper had gone." Angela now back to her own view.

"When we're fighting she told me the reason I was looking for wasn't there, meant then one in the upper room was fake," I was pretty sure she wouldn't lead us to nothing.

"Maybe the one we snatched that night was also fake. That's why she was hesitating," Harley concluded and I nodded

"Unless she wasn't sure herself. How can she be sure? None of us notice the difference," Grock made a point.

V.E.N.O.M The Getaway Car | Gusion x Hanabi x Saberजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें