Chapter 6: Switched to The Other Side

(Gusion's POV)

Tonight the stars filled the sky with its shiny blinks, I glanced at them, thinking one will fall to grant us a wish to be able to snatch the Magic Cube. We've been training a lot for this moment. We're all out on every strike we do.

"Octopus, you take care of Cyclops," the Magic Cube was now in Cyclop's hand.

"They'll be stunned before they could hit him," Saber struck me non-stop.

"You must've forgot how mischievous he is", I smirked.

Harley almost got his hand on the Magic Cube, but Johnson hit him. Cyclops got in the car and left running. Fortunately, Grock came just in time to set his Guardian's Barrier and Hanabi threw her petal blades on them. The Magic Cube slipped out of Cyclop's hand and Angela took it. However, Rafaela stunned her, causing her to drop the cube. I dashed towards the cube and so Saber. We had both our hands on it and fought to get the cube until Layla shot her gun at me. Angela quickly shielded me with her Heartguard. Even so,we both were thrown to the side from the power of Layla's Malefic Bomb. Hanabi, who was crawling on the wall behind Saber, slowed him with her Soul Scroll and struck him. The Magic Cube fell, so I dashed and took it. Finally, I thought. We all gathered to secure the cube and the S.A.B.E.R surrounded us.

"Give us back the cube, Gusion. You don't know what you're doing," Johnson really thinks it was that easy to persuade me.

"I know exactly what I'm doing," I said coldly.

"Do you even know what Dr. Leo's going to do about it?" said Rafaela.

"We're pretty sure you don't even know what Dr. Wu's up to either," said Harley. I handed the cube to Hanabi, but she was stunned for a while at the sight of it once she received the cube in her hand, and somehow seemed a bit distracted. "Stay, focused, Nephila," I whispered.

"I'm focused," she put back her attention to the field, but something seemed to fill up her mind.

"No more nonsense. If you want a fight, let's fight I said to the S.A.B.E.R

We're so ready to strike when the Higanbana effect hits our body, trapping us all in. Few moments later, Hanabi stood in front of me holding the cube. No, it can't be! She handed the cube to Saber and he smirked. "Well, it seems like your girlfriend makes better judgment than you, Gusion."

No, please not her. This is the first time I was so focused on something other than the cube during a mission. I just didn't understand the reason behind her action. She was with me all the time, we had the thing together, and she even agreed to date me. I was so confused thinking maybe everything she did was to distract me. "Why are you doing this, Nephila? You chose them over us?!" I felt so betrayed. She stayed silent while playing with a black-and-white card in her hand.

"Nephila! You said we're bound by love, stronger than S.A.B.E.R!" I couldn't believe Grock could also be that sensitive. She really touched on everyone's heart to leave us at the end.

She walked towards us as she said, "That wasn't me. That was Angela."

Harley who's been holding his disappointment now spoke his rage, "I don't care if she betrayed us! I'll snatch it even if I have to tear you up, Nephila!" In a different situation, I might have already hit him for being rude to her. I couldn't blame him. Her betrayal was very unexpected.

Meanwhile, Angela who'd been silent the whole time finally spoke, calmly. "You really betrayed us. You want the Magic Cube for S.A.B.E.R. And in spite of how well we're getting along, you still couldn't trust us. I felt so stupid thinking you hate S.A.B.E.R. You never have a plan to go against S.A.B.E.R. You never helped us out in our strategy making. I'm so done with you, Nephila!" She kept playing her card as if nothing mattered to her.