Chapter 113

Vegeta:

Vegeta had said goodbye to his son from the future with Bulma. When the flickering of the time capsule had disappeared and Trunks and Mai had started their lives in a different timeline, Bulma had leant against him and sobbed quietly.

He understood her. The Trunks who had just said goodbye to them had not grown up with them and yet it felt like a part of his family was leaving forever.

Vegeta looked at his son, who had been smiling and waving after the time capsule, and swore to himself that he would do everything he could to make sure this child could grow up safely.

"Is it all right if I fly to Kera?"

Bulma wiped a tear from her cheek and nodded.

"I can stay if..." Yes, what actually? He wasn't good at consoling and yet he didn't feel comfortable leaving his mate so sad. A feeling of inner turmoil spread through him. His mate, who was sad, and his twin sister, who seemed to be unwell. They both needed him.

Bulma gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Go ahead and fly to her. Just let me know if you need to stay longer."

Gratefully, he gave her a kiss and flew off.

Vegeta took the quickest route to Kera and Piccolo's house. He knocked quietly on the door, as he didn't see anyone outside and, strangely enough, didn't recognise any aura. Piccolo opened it and looked at him in surprise.

"Where is everyone?" Vegeta asked after a second of hesitation.

"Hello to you, too."

Vegeta rolled his eyes, but refrained from commenting.

"The children are with Dende."

"And Kera?"

"She wants to be alone right now."

"What happened?" Alarmed, Vegeta looked up at Piccolo, who was standing in the doorway like an insurmountable wall. "Where is she?"

"I don't know if she wants to see anyone." Piccolo looked sadly to the ground, as if he was faced with a situation that had thrown him off course too.

Vegeta floated up to Piccolo so that he could look him in the eye. "Piccolo, please. If I can help her, you have to tell me where she is."

The request had been difficult to say. He had never had to ask for anything before, but had always taken everything for himself. But since living on Earth and having a family, he had learnt to approach some situations differently.

Piccolo raised an eyebrow sketpically, thought for a moment and then nodded. "She's in the mountains." He pointed in the direction of the waterfall, obviously referring to the mountain range that adjoined the plain. "She's suppressed her aura, but she's meditating on the highest peak."

Vegeta turned and flew up. "Thank you," he called to Piccolo and then focussed fully on the path in front of him. He quickly recognised the highest peak and shot towards it.

On the way there, all kinds of thoughts ran through Vegeta's head as to why Kera wanted to be alone on the mountain peak. Had she and Piccolo quarrelled? That seemed unlikely to Vegeta, as Piccolo hadn't left her side the night before. Was she angry that she hadn't been able to finish off Black? Possibly.

No matter how Vegeta looked at it, he couldn't find a satisfactory solution. Finally, he reached the top and quickly recognised the purple trousers on the rocky ground.

Immobile and with her eyes closed, Kera hovered two hand-widths above the ground. Now, so close to her, Vegeta felt her aura, although she suppressed it, and wondered once again if this was only possible because they were twins.