Chapter 97

Kera:

"You know you guys look pretty stupid in those suits, right?"

Kakarrot and Vegeta wore thick suits that doubled their girth. They were so heavy that their movement was significantly restricted and yet they were fighting each other. Whis had conjured these suits on them after breakfast this morning and was now silently watching them train on the lawn next to the lake on Beerus' planet.

"Why aren't you training your strength and stamina, anyway?" asked Vegeta provocatively.

"Strength and endurance aren't the only things that matter in a fight," Kera replied, tapping her head. "Mental strength must be trained as well."

Kakarrot and Vegeta looked at each other, shrugged briefly, then returned their attention to their fight. Kera sighed. Her brothers were stubborn and, despite her explanations, had not yet understood that the mind also contributed to how strength and endurance developed.

She had understood this a few months ago when Whis had locked them in the sphere above his staff for training just before Frieza had reappeared on Earth. They had only been able to move in that space when they had concentrated on not letting any of their energy leak out.

Since then, she had managed to compartmentalise her ki. She called it "energy pack". When she concentrated completely on herself and descended into the depths of herself, she no longer saw in the blackness only the golden glowing thread that connected her to Piccolo, but also different coloured spheres that she had placed next to the connection. One yellow sphere contained the energy to transform into the Super Saiyan. The yellow orb next to it, which was much larger than the first, contained the energy for the Super Saiyan. 2 The red and blue orbs helped Kera transform into Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue respectively.

Kera took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She visualised the orbs in her mind's eye. When she reached for them, the energy she had stored there passed to her in a flash. She could easily transform herself and hold the transformation for some time. She couldn't help but smile when she thought about Whis telling them yesterday that they should all three transform into Super Saiyan Blue and then just walk around in that state for as long as possible. Kera had lasted the longest.

She was jolted out of her memories when she heard a loud bang. Something had hit the planet of Lord Beerus. And if Kera interpreted the aura correctly, it was a god.

"Whis!" she heard the cry of Beerus only moments later, who had obviously been awakened by the noise. She swallowed. Hopefully he didn't think she and her brothers were responsible. That would be trouble.

Whis, who had been standing two steps behind Kera, disappeared. They waited anxiously for Whis to return, who would surely tell them what had happened, but when he still hadn't returned after a few minutes, they became uneasy. Had something worse happened?

"Come on, let's go check it out," Kera suggested and flew to the palace. Vegeta and Kakarrot followed her clumsily in the oversized suits. She headed straight for the dining room, one of the places she knew Beerus liked to hang out.

At one end of the long table in the dimly lit room sat Beerus. Across from him sat another person who looked very much like Beerus. He seemed a little shorter, perhaps a little stockier, but the resemblance was clear. Whis stood on the long side of the room, casting glances back and forth between Beerus and the stranger. Next to him stood another person who resembled Whis in both dress and appearance.

When they had all three stepped through the door, Whis noticed them.

"Ah, come here. Let me introduce you. Lord Champa, this is Kera, Vegeta and Goku, three Saiyans from Earth who are currently staying with Lord Beerus. This is Lord Champa, the God of Destruction of the Sixth Universe, and his companion angel, Vados."