Chapter 26

"Kakarrot, how did you survive the destruction of the planet Namek?" changed Vegeta the subject. He wasn't really interested in why the other one had survived. He only wanted to know what power now resided in Kakarrot. The one addressed stared thoughtfully at the sky.

"It was very close. After defeating Frieza, I flew to his spaceship, which was stuck in a crevice. I pushed all kinds of buttons like crazy, but nothing happened. I thought I was finished, but then I saw the small space capsule I had come here in fall past Friezar's ship deeper into the crevice. I jumped out of Frieza's ship through a destroyed window, raced after the capsule and managed to get in while it was falling. It launched and took me out of the radius of destruction just moments before the planet blew up. I saw a bright flash of light. After that, I only remember waking up on the planet Yardrat."

Vegeta only half-turned to Kakarrot as he again took the floor. "This must be one of the Ginyu Force capsules. Yardrat was their actual target. The autopilot took you there." Vegeta then gave Kakarrot a long look from top to bottom. "That's certainly the fashion of Yardrat then. Not exactly the latest trend, is it?" In his eyes, the other Saiyan looked ridiculous.

Embarrassed, Kakarrot scratched his head. "Well, it takes a bit of getting used to."

"Goku, why didn't you come back home?" the bald man now spoke up.

"It's obvious, you bowling ball. He's been training." In a croaking voice, Vegeta delivered the answer. Everyone looked questioningly at Kakarrot, who nodded affirmatively.

"I learned a really neat new technique: Instant Transmission." The confusion on the others' faces increased. "You can teleport to another person within seconds, that is, change location. But that only works if you know that person. Wait, I'll show you. I'll be gone for a moment."

Kakarrot put two fingers to his forehead and concentrated. Indeed, his outline began to blur, as if parts of him were dissolving. He was still grinning and waving, and the next moment he had completely disappeared. Everyone fixed on different points in the sky or on the earth. Less than two seconds later, it flickered back to where Kakarrot had just disappeared and he was back in full view of them.

"Hello, here I am again." Grinning, he looked around. "Well, notice anything?"

"I'm going crazy. Those are Turtle Hermit's sunglasses," Krillin exclaimed. Kakarrot did indeed have red-rimmed sunglasses on his nose, which he now demonstratively pushed up and down the bridge of his nose.

"But, how is that possible? The house of the Master Roshi is about 10,000 miles from here," Yamcha exclaimed.

"That was the Instant Transmission." Kakarrot's statement made it clear that he would not tell them how this technique worked.

"How do we proceed now?" Tien Shinhan reintroduced their real problem to those present. "Do we split up, train and then meet again in three years? Where and when?"

"Uh, yeah, well he mentioned it, but I forgot." That was typical of Kakarrot. Bulma slapped her hands in front of her face, Krillin and Yamch lost their balance for a moment.

"Three years from now, on May 12 at 10am, on an island nine miles southwest of the southern capital. I suggest we meet an hour earlier, so at nine o'clock." Gratefully, everyone looked to Piccolo. At least someone who could remember important things.