Chapter 74

Piccolo:

Piccolo turned around and stood in front of the children. If there was no other way out now, they would simply fight together to the end. He would not give up without a fight.

Buu hovered over them. He had one arm stretched out in their direction and grinned condescendingly at them. His aura radiated pure power and malevolence. Piccolo sent a final greeting to Kera.

'Watch out, someone's coming!'

Before Piccolo could think about her warning, Buu was jerked aside and disappeared from her sight. 'Who was that?

"Is that ... Goku?" he asked, irritated.

"No. That's Gohan!" cried Goten joyfully.

"What, it can't be!" With narrowed eyes, Piccolo tried to follow the movements of Buu and the stranger. His opponent had black hair and wore an orange-red battle suit. The same one Goku was wearing.

"Watch the aura," Menka said quietly.

Piccolo concentrated. Right. That was Gohan. Yet his aura felt different, more powerful, but also colder, more pitiless. This was no longer the young man who had disguised himself as Saiyaman at the tournament so his classmates wouldn't recognise him. This was a grown man fighting to save the earth.

"Finish him, Gohan!" shouted Goten. Trunks and Reyak joined in the cheers.

Piccolo looked to Menka. "What happened to him?"

Menka shrugged. "I'm not sure. His aura has changed. I recognise him, but there's more. It belongs to him. Like it's always been there and now it's been awakened."

The three boys burst into raptures. A moment later, Gohan landed in front of them.

"Did you finish Buu?" exclaimed Piccolo. He looked him up and down. His first impression was now confirmed. Gohan had changed. As if nothing of the original boy was left in him.

"No, Buu is still alive," Gohan said slowly. "He's back there somewhere now. I think he's gathering his energy and we have some air."

"Where have you been, Gohan?" asked Goten of his older brother.

"In the world of the Supreme Kai," he replied.

"What?" asked Piccolo, puzzled.

"I was quite taken. The Supreme Kai found me. Kibito was alive again and was able to take us both to the world of the Supreme Kai. There he healed me. The Supreme Kai decided that I should train there and showed me the Z-sword that was stuck in a rock. It was said to give its wielder immense power. I pulled it out and began to train with it. Eventually the Supreme Kai wanted to test my newly acquired skills and in the process the sword broke."

"You broke the sacred sword?" interrupted Piccolo Gohan's narration.

Gohan smiled. "Yes. Unintentionally. In exchange, I freed the elder Kai who was locked in the sword."

"There are two Supreme Kais now?" Piccolo couldn't get out of his amazement.

Gohan nodded. "Yes. And he awakened hidden powers within me. It took a while, but here I am. Father, by the way, was also in the world of the Supreme Kai."

"Goku was with you? We thought he had returned to the afterlife."

"He was. He sensed my energy there and teleported to me. While the elder Kai awakened my powers, Father watched the events on Earth with the help of a crystal ball. He is very proud of you."

Gohan looked at the four children who had been silently listening to the conversation all this time. Happily, they smiled.

"Piccolo, do you have the dragon radar?"