Chapter 89

Kera:

Kera knocked on the door of the gravity room where Vegeta was busily training. When Vegeta noticed her, he turned off the gravity and beckoned her in. With a sucking sound, the door slammed shut behind her again.

"How are you?" asked Kera, hugging her brother in greeting.

"I haven't made the progress I thought I would," he said sombrely. "It can't be that Kakarrot has reached the level of a god and I still haven't. What about you?"

"Actually, I wanted to know how you felt, but fine. There's no progress with me yet either."

A grin spread across Vegeta's lips. "Training fight?"

Kera mirrored his grin. "That's why I'm here."

Sweaty, they stepped out of the gravity room a few hours later.

"Let's get a drink outside."

Kera followed Vegeta out onto the terrace and a little way down the garden path. There they refreshed themselves at a small drinking fountain.

"How nice to see you again." Bulma stepped out from between some bushes and looked at them angrily. Vegeta swallowed. "Piccolo and I hardly get to see you guys anymore. You guys are so nailed and all you do is train."

"We want to get stronger than Kakarrot."

"Go ahead and do what you want. By the way, I have a dinner date now."

"What? With whom?"

Was Kera imagining it or was jealousy speaking from Vegeta's words?

"With me," it fluted from behind the bushes. Whis stepped onto the path.

"Whis?" cried Kera and Vegeta at the same time.

"If you were home more often, you would have noticed that I regularly have dinner with Whis." She stepped very close to Vegeta to whisper in his ear. "To convince him of what delicious things there are on Earth. And that it's not worth destroying the Earth."

"Good idea," Kera whispered back.

Vegeta pushed Bulma aside. "Whis, what is your relationship with Beerus?"

"I'm his servant and his trainer."

"Trainer? So you're stronger than him?"

"Who knows," Whis replied mysteriously.

"Take us with you and train us," Vegeta begged, getting down on one knee. Kera did the same.

Whis regarded them for a while. "You can become stronger if you can gain control of your energy. However, that is very difficult."

"Then please, train us," Kera now asked too.

"I might be able to do that. If one of you agrees to become the next God or Goddess of Destruction. And if you bring me something else wonderful to eat."

Kera and Vegeta looked at each other. They pulled back for a brief consultation and then enumerated what dishes they could think of. Vegeta even suggested cooking something, but Kera stopped him.

"Let me cook something. You help me with it."

Somewhat reluctantly, Vegeta agreed. In no time at all, with Bulma's help, they gathered the right ingredients and Kera cooked a simple but delicious noodle soup in the kitchen of Brief's mansion, which Whis was more than thrilled with.

Satisfied, he patted his stomach as he put the cutlery aside and leaned back in his chair. "Most delicious. Who cooked this?"

"The two of us together," Kera replied, who had waited anxiously with Vegeta until Whis had finished the soup.