Chapter 59

Piccolo:

He watched as Menka strained to keep the green vortex under control. He wanted to scream at her to finally lock Malaha's soul in the vessel, but she took her time. She did not want to and could not make a mistake now. He would only tear her out of her concentration.

Kera had indeed managed to expel Malaha from her body. Kera lay on the ground, only a few steps away from them. In the green swirl, Piccolo kept seeing a woman's face appear in a blur, her mouth agape in a silent scream. Since she bore no features of Kera, it had to be Malaha.

Being imprisoned by means of the Evil Containment Wave was not a great feeling. It was painful and carried a final note even as it was happening. That one knew that this was now the end. That there would be no escape.

Briefly, doubts came over Piccolo as to whether this was the right solution, but there was no other. Malaha and Aitor would have enslaved the entire population of Earth and then perhaps even emigrated to other planets and carried on there. Who knows whether they would have been alive at all then. Had Kera not fought Malaha herself from within ... Piccolo shook his head. They wouldn't have stood a chance against Vegeta and Kera together.

Menka let out a triumphant cry and jerked her arms upwards. The green vortex followed the movement, rising. Then Menka let her arms fly downwards and the vortex followed this movement too. It shrank, became narrower and seemed to flow like a viscous mass into the widened vessel.

Piccolo thought he heard a scream. No sooner had the last green tip disappeared than he leapt forward, corked the bulbous bottle and stuck the paper seal over the cork.

Relieved, he let himself fall backwards and took two deep breaths. He tried to suppress the trembling that ran through his whole body. The Evil Containment Wave was not without risk for the user. With little energy or used incorrectly, it inevitably led to the death of the one who used it. And since he had already given Kera much of his energy, using it had been more than risky, but he had been able to lock up Aitor after Vegeta's body had been so weak that he was on the verge of death. He had had to leave the Evil Containment Wave for Malaha to Menka.

Now he turned to his daughter, who was lying on the ground. Panic seized him. She had closed her eyes. Reyak was already with her and had pulled her upper body onto his lap.

Piccolo got on all fours and crawled to his daughter. "Is she ...?" Helplessly, he looked at his son.

"She's fine. She's just very weak."

Relieved, Piccolo breathed a sigh of relief.

A whirring sounded and they all looked to where the air was shimmering. Popo had appeared with his flying carpet. Dende was with him. He immediately jumped onto the roof of the skyscraper and ran to Menka. Carefully, he stroked her forehead and let out the same sigh that Piccolo had let out only seconds before him.

Dende's hand glowed and he gave Menka some of her energy back. She drew her eyebrows together and finally opened her eyes. Beaming, she smiled at Dende.

"How was it?" the young Namekian asked.

"I think it all worked out," she replied, looking past him to Piccolo. The latter nodded.

Only now was he gradually aware of the others. Were all the fighters there? He began to count through. Krillin was badly injured and was supported by 18. The others were still able to stand on their own, but they bore clear signs of the fight. Vegeta - Aitor - had not made it easy for them. Gohan nodded cheerfully at him. Piccolo was grateful to him for fighting, even if he had neglected training a lot in the last few years and they had only been able to catch up a little in the last few days.