Chapter 11

Gohan stood at the edge of the crater, quivering with suppressed rage. Raditz blinked in amazement. His scouter beeped, indicating such a high level of fighting power that even he shuddered inside.

"Leave my papa alone!" With that cry, the little boy leapt forward and rammed his head against Raditz's breastplate. The armour cracked and the giant staggered.

Gohan landed at Goku's feet after the impact. There was no longer any sign or sight of his anger.

"Gohan, how did you do that?" Goku straightened up, breathing heavily. The little boy just shrugged his shoulders.

Raditz, staring through his scouter again, grinned with satisfaction. There was no longer any sign of the child's strong fighting ability. It was obviously dependent on mood. How convenient.

Raditz leapt forward, lunged and struck the child so hard in the face with the flat of his hand that he fell to the ground and lay motionless. Raditz lunged for another blow.

"Please, don't hurt my son!" pleaded Goku.

"Why would I do that? Because he is a child? Well, unfortunately, he's already stronger than you." Raditz gathered energy in his right hand.

Piccolo cried out. "Noooo!"

Before Raditz could lower his hand, Goku grabbed him from behind and held his arms. Raditz could not reach him and squirmed with all his might.

"Piccolo, use your technique!" shouted Goku to the green one.

"This is as good as it gets for me. Take out two in one strike."

Immediately, Piccolo crouched down, put the index and middle fingers of his right hand to his forehead and concentrated. His fingertips began to glow. On his head and arms, the veins stood out with exertion. He could use the special beam cannon once more before he had to rest for a long time.

"I'm getting grey hairs from waiting. Come on, Piccolo!"

Goku could barely hold Raditz, who was still squirming in his grip. His scouter beeped, showing Piccolo's fighting power. It was now higher than when he had first attacked. Raditz tried again, pleading with him to spare him and that he would refrain from conquering Earth, but this time Goku would not relent.

"Here it goes, the special beam cannon" With those words, Piccolo let the deadly beam hurtle towards Raditz and Goku. The energy hit Raditz right where his chest armour already had cracks from Gohan's attack. The energy beam went through him and Goku. The force of the energy lifted both warriors into the air. Raditz was thrown forward, Goku backward. Raditz's face clearly showed disbelief at this event. Goku smiled slightly as he fell backwards.

"Well, that was a resounding success," Piccolo remarked dryly. Breathing heavily, he walked towards Raditz, who refused to give up even on the brink of death. If he could no longer fight, he at least wanted to sow fear and terror with words.

"You only won because Kakarot sacrificed himself, you disgusting green fellow."

"Yes, you're right." Piccolo couldn't help laughing before he continued. "On this planet there are magical objects called dragonballs. They grant wishes and can even bring the dead back to life."

Raditz spat blood. "What, are you saying: Kakarot won't be dead?" Piccolo nodded triumphantly. Now at least he had put a damper on the alien just before he died. But why did a smile spread across the face of the defeated man?

"My companions hear everything I hear. They will find those Dragonballs and revive me." Raditz spat out a gush of blood.

Piccolo's breath caught in his throat. These other Saiyajins, who were supposedly even stronger than Raditz, now knew about the Dragonballs. That made them even more dangerous.