Chapter 100 - Cut-off (3)

Comenzar desde el principio

“Yes, very briefly. So, you’ve met her?”

“I did. I even handed over the script.”

“The script?”

“Ah, it was regarding a cameo appearance.”

I see. Instantly, Choi Sung-gun’s cunning mind changed direction. Having reconsidered something, he first threw in a concluding remark.. It was better to keep this call short and sweet.

It would keep Director Kwon interested.

“I understand for now. I’ll contact you again soon.”

“Okay.”

-Click.

The call was disconnected just like that. The interesting thing was,

-♬♪

As soon as Choi Sung-gun put down his phone, the ringtone sounded again. This time, it was Hong Hye-yeon. She must have called after seeing the article about Seo Chae-eun. He had something to discuss with her anyway, so Choi Sung-gun put the phone back to his ear.

“Uh-huh, Yes.”

On the other side of the phone, Hong Hye-yeon was clamoring.

“Oppa!! Did you see the news? The article just released about Seo Chae-eun from PowerPatch.”

“You’re going to make my ear fall off. Yes, I know. I just saw it.”

“I was at the salon until a little while ago, and it was chaos! Seo Chae-eun was there, and her team was questioning her. It was a total mess.”

“Huh- You were with Seo Chae-eun? How about now?”

“They’ve left. I’m back too. Seo Chae-eun’s manager, the team leader, got angry for a few seconds, then seemed to come to his senses, grabbed her, and disappeared. But, oppa, what happens to ‘Island of the Missing’ now? Wasn’t Seo Chae-eun the lead? Ah, I heard this directly from her.”

Hong Hye-yeon, who was excited, spoke to Choi Sung-gun, who replied calmly.

“I think it’s better for you to know this as well. This situation, I orchestrated it.”

“······What? What do you mean?”

“The circumstances are similar to the time with Director Woo Hyun-goo. The difference is this time I intervened. The starting point was Woojin.”

Choi Sung-gun briefly explained the current situation regarding Seo Chae-eun. Just the key points. Still, Hong Hye-yeon understood immediately. She had seen a lot herself, after all.

Wait, so what does that mean? Was this jointly done by Woojin and you?

“Correct. For now, you’re the only one who knows.”

Of course, but what about Woojin? Is this really something you can simply lump together as just a feeling or intuition?

“No, but there’s no other explanation.”

“······”

“And if you look back at the history of the entertainment industry, both domestic and international, it’s not like there haven’t been unique individuals like Woojin.”

At this point, goosebumps formed on Choi Sung-gun’s arms. Even he felt a chill after saying it.

‘The Midas touch.’

One in tens of millions. Or more. Choi Sung-gun knew of several historically significant figures. He saw that in Kang Woojin now.

‘Should I call Woojin the Midas eye?’