Chapter 2: The Transformation

(Hanabi's POV)

I went for my first training with the V.E.N.O.M squad in the training room. At the end of the training, Harley went to the simulator to show the rest of us the last update of the S.A.B.E.R mode. He uploaded the mode and we all went inside. It was indeed more complex than before. The attacks were very much S.A.B.E.R like in real life. I was personally quite satisfied, yet Gusion seemed a bit less satisfied. "Something's missing, Gus?" I walked towards him.

"I think I need a little more modification on this." His breathing was so normal despite how sweaty he was from the training. I must admit how attractive he was under that sweaty shirt. "Anything I can help you, ma'am?" He looked at me, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm amazed at how well you know your enemy, Emperor." I said jokingly while trying to hide my blush.

"I was one of them," he said, leading me out of the training facility.

"Really? But I barely saw you working along with them," I was sure I'd never seen them together.

"Yup. Surely you do. They never really liked me either. I mostly acted like Dr.Leo's assistant rather than a member of the S.A.B.E.R squad. That's why I left after the incident," he said, still walking.

"You trust him that much, don't you?" I said.

"More than anyone. I saved him after the explosion." he clenched his fists when he said that. "Dr. Wu's very not to be trusted."

"But, how can Dr. Leo survived that massive explosion?" I asked him genuinely curious.

"You don't wanna know," he said. "However, we can't expose him to the enemy. He stays in the lab. We stay focused on our mission to get the Magic Cube."

"Don't forget you owe me my revenge," I said.

"Yes, your agenda. I won't forget.", he smiled. "He's always there, right? Your brother." He stopped walking, facing me, and pointed towards my heart. I was honestly touched by his sudden emphatic gesture.

I sighed, "He always is..." I smiled, yet the smile faded as I felt the longing.

He smiled again, "Seeing how much you love him actually makes me wonder if there's any room left for a new man." I froze. Tried not to think what he actually meant until he said. "For me?"

"You, idiot! We're comrades!" I rushed to the kitchen. I won't let him catch me off guard. What a fool! I've just been here for half of a day, yet that man is already getting on my nerves, teasing me with those kinds of stuff. Stupid Gusion!

"Hei, Hanabi! Are you going to cook again? Mind some help?" Angela had waited in the kitchen.

"Sure," I said.

"I can be of some help as well," Gusion followed behind me. I didn't respond. I took some ingredients and shared some simple chores with Angela. I didn't ask Gusion to do anything, but Angela shared some chores with him, keeping him in the kitchen, which I despised.

During dinner, Gusion instructed me and Angela to go to our secondary lab for my transformation the next morning. I was a bit nervous since it'll be my first and hopefully only genetic transformation.

***

The V.E.N.O.M had two labs. The first was Dr. Leo's which was located at the end of the corridor, and the secondary lab beside the training room. Next day, Angela had prepared a glass chamber for the process. She helped me change in the changing room. She wrapped a set of fabric to cover the area around my chest and gave me a pair of short pants to wear on. This felt strange, because it means I was going to be half naked in front of Gusion. After I changed, Gusion led me into the chamber while Angela did some preparation. "How was the transformation for you guys?" I asked hoping to ease my nervousness