Chapter 1: The Night of Agony

(Hanabi's POV)

BOOM!!!

Nightmare! Yes, it's just a nightmare. It can't be real. I looked down, eyes on my wrist where the timer Mike once made for me was shattered. I was so sure it was just a dream as I couldn't feel my feet, but no, it's all real. He's gone and I couldn't even find a piece of him to be buried. Why, brother? Why does it have to be you? I was still in denial. Hoping he'd appear somewhere around. I just can't let you go. Not especially like this.

My blood boiled, my head was so likely to explode. I couldn't be reasonable, no more. Those people carried out their so-called-mission recklessly. Who are they calling themselves justice enforcers?? While risking their own civilian life? And my brother... They're just a bunch of bullshit! They have to pay! I landed behind the S.A.B.E.R squad and immediately casted my Higanbana. However, Saber realized my attack. He immediately jumped to dodge the attack and struck at me. I backed away a few meters before I casted my soul scroll to slow him down, continuing to throw my petal blades towards the other immobilized members. At this point, I just realized that I wore out all my skills at once and needed to wait a while to regain them. Saber noticed that and struck me again. This time, he held me down on the ground.

"Why don't you just use your skill on me already??" I stared at him fiercely.

"It's not necessarily needed, Hanabi.", he said. I hate that hypocrisy.

"As not necessary as my brother's life, you mean?" I kicked him and slipped out of his grasp. Saber knew my brother, yet he didn't seem to care about it. The sense of betrayal pulled back the pain I had long buried in my runaway on Zlatan. The friends I made in this city now turned into antagonists in my life stories as fast as my brother turned into dust filling the air with agony.

I continued my attacks on them without holding back. My rage took control, my cheeks started to get wet from my endless tears. I didn't care even if I cried while fighting. All I wanted was them all dead. But it seemed like I couldn't finish them right there. I started to feel worn out after a while. I didn't know how long I'd been fighting, but I decided to call it quits, so I jumped up and ran away.

As I ran out of breath, I stopped in an alley I didn't know where. It was as dark as the night without stars. I could feel bleeding from my shoulder, waist, and my head. My eyes were covered with clouds. My ears couldn't hear anything but the voice I knew, the voice I missed, the voice I would never hear anywhere anymore. "Mike..." as I saw a silhouette above me, then I passed out.

***

"The scan shows no fatal damage, but I think she's shocked", a sweet voice heard through my ears. I slowly opened my eyes. I looked to my right and there was some medical equipment in the room. Hospital?

"Finally, you're awake" I looked to my left to see a man leaning on my bed close to my feet.

"Gusion?" My sight was not clear yet, but I recognized some features of him.

I was trying to get up but a hand held my shoulder. "You're still shaking, Hanabi. Please, lay down still", Angela gently pushed me back and lifted up my bed so I could sit a little without getting out of bed. She brought me a glass of warm tea which I accepted. She's not wrong, my hands were kinda shaky either from the fright when I saw the explosion or from the rage I held for S.A.B.E.R. I took a sip and put it down on the desk beside me.

"Take a rest. We need to talk later," Gusion left with his cynical face. I know Gusion from Miya. He's Alucard's friend. He always had that cocky attitude and barely spoke, especially since the V.E.N.O.M established, we barely saw him.

"He is what he is.." Angela sighed in annoyance. I smiled as I noticed we think the same way about that guy.

"We all used to see him like that," I smiled weakly.