18.Gaining life after losing a Life

Start from the beginning

Upon her sight, an incomprehensible emotion flickered through Aarav's eyes and he staggered a step, balancing himself anyhow and engulfed her hands in his. His unexpected action left Mishika startled as she grew more nervous. Squeezing his eyes to clear out his vision, his gaze zeroed on her sweating and panting figure and a smile curled on his lips.

However before she could speak, he jerked himself away from her, the sudden change in his demeanour left her startled for the second time. His teeth gnashed while incoherent words left his mouth and within a blink he dashed somewhere between the crowd.

Heaving out a sigh, she slumped against the nearby wall, her heart still heavy although seeing his condition she was sure that her confrontation will only go in vain. It was only for a brief moment before her heart again picked up pace. Suddenly she felt conscious and stupid for sneaking in there without giving any notice to her parents.

Fidgeting with the corner of her shirt, her anxious feet astrayed to search the way out. Overweight by emotions, she felt herself growing pools of puddles yet her throat was parching like Thar desert. And the mistake she made was to drink the juice settled among the other beverages, unknown of the predatory grey eyes fixed on her.

Minutes ticked as her legs started to feel heavy and so did her head. Everything around her felt more suffocating than it already was and heat crept over her skin, making her feel hot and bothered all over herself. Shivers were rippling down her spine however she felt her entire body kept on a burning stove evoking a bizarre need to feel a different kind of warmth building up inside.

Dangling on her feet, frantically rubbing her body in places, she carried her dazed self in the corridor and entered the first room in sight. Once inside the room, she found herself clashing with something warm and calloused which instantly warmed her shivers and ignited the fire she was already feeling, but not in the same bothersome way.

His hooded eyes momentarily met with her, his gaze lingering on the face who he desperately wants to see everytime yet the same face that had been pushing him into havoc since last month. But a part of him refused to believe it was her, knowing those eyes would never shine with desperation while staring at him. 

His eyes squeezed, an attempt to clear out his vision to look past the illusion, but still the same eyes stared right back into his. However his soused senses refused to believe it and acknowledged it as a mere hallucination, putting the entire blame on the alcohol.

Whereas she was like a moth in his arms, vulnerable and desperate, unaware that she is shoving herself in the arms of the blaze that will scorch every bit of her. His reflexes were surprisingly quick when she flung herself into his arms, her arms serpentining around his bare torso and face resting on his chest. He could feel her heart beating against his chest, and the tickling of her soft yet ragged breathing and constant brush of her trembling lips against his flesh made his body ripple by shivers.

As she tried to push herself closer to him, a deep growl rumbled through his chest and he managed to push both of them against the wall, venturing himself impossibly close to her body. The beast in him was thriving on a thin thread before it would unleash and pound on his favourite beauty.

He has always hated being controlled by emotions but the girl in his arms has always readily managed to evoke various emotions in him, be it good or bad. And right now, under the influence of alcohol, high with carnal desires he wanted nothing but to explore how it will be to feel her physically. Her condition was no different at the particular moment.

With the fervency of sensations that surfed through them when their bodies grinded together, her lips parted and his head fell back in a delicious response. And when he straightened his neck and their intoxicated gazes bore back into each other, it was their mouths clashing the very next moment, frantically yet clumsily.