"Do you want me to knock?" Tyler asked after about ten minutes of standing in the cold.

Admitting defeat, I nodded my head and he stepped forward and sent a deep echoing knock into the large house. My stomach dropped and whatever courage I had mustered up, it was no longer in me. As if Tyler knew I was about to flee, he grabbed onto my hand and gave it a strong squeeze.

The door opened and Mrs. Perry smiled but looked confused. "Tyler, Blair, what are you two doing here?"

"Blair needs to talk to you and uncle. Is he here?" Tyler asks directly. He was not going to beat around the bush, which I guess would make this process go by faster.

"Yeah, he is. Come on in," Mrs. Perry said, opening the door completely for us to enter. I hesitated at the threshold.

No. I didn't want to go back into this house.

Never again.

Tyler noticing my inability to continue going into the house, turned to me and whispered, "Like we talked about, you don't have to go in if you don't want to."

"Can we just do this here, please?" I asked Mrs. Perry politely.

There was a sad look on her face but she didn't argue. Nodding her head she said, "I will go get him."

She left for a couple of moments and returned with Pogue's father. He looked stunned to see me here. "What are you doing here?" he asked, instantly annoyed.

I sharply inhaled and handed the folder that was in my hands to both of them. "The original documents that you signed when you gave me up for adoption, are missing from my file. They need those documents for my emancipation to continue." I paused for a moment. "I need the both of you to sign them."

"And why would we do that?" Mr. Perry shot back not even glancing at the papers in front of him.

Something in me snapped. The man was not comprehending the words I was saying. He hates me and everything to do with me is a fight, anything I say is a fight. And now I want to fight back.

"If you don't sign them, that means you are legally still my parents, meaning you didn't put me up for adoption. Which means that technically you abandoned me," I shot back. "If 'child abandoners' is the title you want to have, then, by all means, don't sign it. I'm sure the system would love to start an investigation on that."

His face turned bright red. He didn't like that I was right.

"Now, if you don't want anything to do with me, then sign the papers and you will continue to no longer have any responsibility over me." I shook the papers, getting him to look at them. Mrs. Perry had been staring at them the entire time.

"If we sign these, then I want you to leave Ipswich and never contact Pogue or any of us again," Mr. Perry said snatching the papers from my hands.

"You are in no position to give me an ultimatum," I scoffed. "Don't sign and you've got a lot of explaining to do and a daughter. Sign, you're not responsible for me and no daughter. Your choice."

He let out a heavy sigh filled with rage, his expression the same as when he threw me against the wall. "Give me a pen," he demanded. Tyler had one ready and handed it to him. He was radiating his feelings and how awkward he felt witnessing this.

I watched intently as Mr. Perry started to sign but Mrs. Perry latched her hands onto his arm. "Wait," she barely whispered. Looking at me, her face was riddled with conflict. "What if we didn't?" she whispered again to her husband. He snapped his neck to her, looking at her in complete horror. She looked at me, tears forming in her eyes and stepped forward towards me, her hand lifting to my face. Her voice cracked, "She's our little girl."

Instinct took over and I stepped back, away from her raised hand. "Don't." I inhaled sharply. I didn't want to be touched. No by her or by him.

"Little girl"? That's rich.

She looked heartbroken as she pulled her hand back, holding both of them to her chest. There was a twinge in my heart as I stayed in place.

"Please?" a plea came out from her in the smallest voice as she looked at me.

"No." I didn't even take a moment to think before the answer blurted out of me. Surprising myself, I took a moment to let my answer sink in. I turned slightly to see Tyler's face and surprisingly, he looked like he understood. I didn't want to provide an explanation. Every interaction that had taken place between us was reason enough.

"Please just sign the papers," I said.

And they did.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Author's Notes: 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Wanted to get a chapter out before I had to start cooking for tonights dinner lol.

I love getting to know your guys thoughts and opinions so I have two questions for you guys if you feel like answering.

1. If you could make a music playlist for Finding Out Secrets, what song/songs would you add?

2. How do you feel about trigger warnings? Prefer them? Don't need them? Need certain ones? (I can't remember if I have asked this before or not)

Love you all!! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think, who your favorite character is, anything you would like to say! Again, thank you for your support. See you at the next chapter!