Chapter Eighteen, Blush

Zeke Hayes

It's been a week, and I'm still blushing.

Peyton and I did something very intimate. It was fun, exciting, and I can't wait to do it again. But everytime i think of it, it makes me blush. Maybe it's because I'm more naive to those things, or because it was hot.

Either way, it was hot. We cuddled, had a few makeout sessions sense. But we haven't slept in the same bed, or repeated such actions. It's been nice to talk, get to know each other. But things have been picking up with training for him.

He said he has to lead a couple training sessions this week, which he's excited about. I'm happy for him, but it'll suck to see him less. I don't know how I feel about this whole mating thing, but I do like spending time with him.

Or just being around him.

School ended an hour ago. Sam and I are in her bedroom, packing up some of her stuff. She is moving into the pack house a bit earlier than planned I guess. But she's moving in and we get to be closer.

She's hoping to be moved in by the weekend, and I'm excited for that. And as her best friend, i get to help her pack.

"So how are things with you and P?" Sam asks, as she folds some of her freshly dried clothes. I help her, putting them into the boxes.

"Good, i think? He's been a bit busier than I'm used to, but we still have made time for each other. What about you and Nolan?"

"We're kind of in a fight right now, but it's silly" she shakes her head, folding the last piece of clothing. I tape the box for her, moving it with the others.

"Why?"

"Because he wants to wait longer to have pups, but it's silly because we're expected to have them right away. And I tried to explain that to him..and" she chews her lips. I notice now that her eyes are glossed over.

"What's wrong?" I ask, stepping closer to her.

"I think I'm pregnant" she whispers, her eyes flicking between mine. My brows shoot up my forehead.

"Pregnant?" I asked "Have you taken a test?" I ask, and she shakes her head.

"I have to go to the medical wing and get blood drawn to tell. Pregnancy tests aren't always accurate for wolves'' she chews the inside of her bottom lip.

"Do you want me to go with you?" I ask.

"Would you...?" tears start to pour from her eyes, and I pull her into me. Embracing her tightly.

"Of course I would, we're best friends. I'd do anything for you "I admit, and she pulls away.

"You mean that?"

"Yes, I do," I nod, and she smiles.

"I'd do anything for you" she pulls me back into her, and we hug for a few moments. "Can we go now? It's been killing me. I'm two weeks late"

"You guys don't use protection?" I ask, as I pull away from her.

"No, I guess we just didn't really put a lot of thought into it," she wipes her eyes, pulling on a hoodie. She slips on her shoes, and I do the same. Then I'm following her down her stairs and outside.

We start the short walk to the medical building. "Do you think he's going to be mad?"

"No, I think he will feel thrown off though," Sam admits, sniffling.

"I'm sure he will be so happy. He really loves you"

"I love him, too" she whispers softly. We walk the rest of the way in silence, I'm not sure what else to do besides be here for her.