Chapter Eight, Right

Zeke Hayes

I'm currently walking to Peytons, to study with Sam and Nolan. It was about a half hour walk from my house,  so I started the walk around 12:30, sense we said 1.

I have my headphones in, and I'm listening to Taylor Swift's album, folklore. I dont care what you say, im a fucking swiftie. I love her music, and her lyrics are absolutely genius.

I'm not too excited to study with Peyton, he's moody when he does talk to me, which is rare. He just stares at me, which is so weird. But the walk goes quick, Peyton said to text him when i get there. I see the gates from where I'm at, so I pull up instagram and send a quick text.

When I get close to the gates, I see a couple of guys guarding the entrance. Seems a bit extreme if you ask me, but to each their own. The gates open, and Peyton walks through them. His brown eyes land on me instantly, and it feels so fucking awkward, because weve hardly talked.

"Hey" I say, eating up the distance between us.

"Hey" he sends me a half smile, and my stomach tightens at that, odd. But I follow him through the gates, and he fist bumps one of the guards.

"Thanks man" he says, and the tall guard, with dirty blonde hair smiles.

"Course P" he glances at me, sending the smile my way as well. I return it, but follow in the steps of Peyton.

"My house is a short walk," he says, and I nod.

"Cool"

"Where's your car?" he asks, glancing at me.

"Don't have one, I walked. It was only a half hour, "I told him, tightening my grip on my backpack. Peyton's in gym shorts and a black t-shirt. It's not extremely warm, but it's not that cold either. I settled on ripped jeans and a t-shirt myself.

"You could've told me, I would've picked you up," he says, his tone sharp. My brows furrow, and I look up at him.

"Why would I tell you that? You don't even talk to me "I point out, and his jaw tenses.

"I guess that's true" he mumbles, and he cuts up into the lawn, that's in front of a two story house. It's brown, with a dark front door and looks fancy as hell. Just like Sams. I follow him, and he pushes open the door.

"My parents are tra- working and my sister is busy so it's just us for now" he says, slipping off his shoes. I do the same, and I nod my head.

"What about Sam, and Nolan?" I ask, following him up the set of stairs to the left. Once we get to the top, he responds.

"I think they should be here soon," he says, and I follow him down the hall to a bedroom. He pushes open the door revealing a bedroom way bigger than mine. He has a queen sized bed, with blue covers and a desk, with a laptop at it. He walks across his room, plopping down on the bed.

I slowly walked in, taking in his room. It's not very decorated, but it's a nice space. "You can sit '' he nods to the spot next to him, and he scoots back getting comfy. He pulls out his backpack, and I slowly climb on his bed. I lean against the wall, pulling out my stuff as well.

My phone buzzes, and I see it's a group chat.

English Nerds

SamanthaLauren: Hey guys, i have to rain check, my mom needs me home tonight

Nolan Everett: Oh shit, i was just about to send a message to P, my dad needs me. Something came up. Do you know if Zeke left already?

ZekeHayes: Oh uh i'm already at peytons