Chapter Nine, Enough

Peyton Williams

"So it went well?" Nolan asks, as we make our way to the pack house. We just finished our Monday training. Now I gotta shower and get ready for school. Where I get to see my little blonde mate. Can't fucking wait.

"Yeah, we've been texting. We exchanged numbers yesterday. He hasn't texted me yet today "I say as we climb the back steps.

"It's also 6:30 in the morning" Nolan says "But I'm happy to hear you guys have been talking"

"Me too" I mumble as we head to the showers. I take a quick shower, then I get dressed in my usual jeans and t-shirt. I do wear a hoodie because it's chilly out. Breakfast is uneventful, thankfully and I'm pulling my jeep into the school parking lot in no time.

Nolan and Sam pull up right after me, and I check my phone, seeing a text finally.

Zeke: i can't believe u were up at 5am

Zeke: i got up 20 minutes ago

Peyton: Are you at school?

Zeke: You, u?

I glance up from my phone, looking at the usual spot he stands at with his friends. I see Ava and Cam but I don't see him. I send a quick text, saying yes and then I climb out of the jeep.

I see Sam standing in front of Nolan's truck talking. I make my way to her, and there he is. In black jeans and a gray hoodie. Messy blonde hair, and his dimple on show while he talks to Sam.

"You should come over today! We can watch movies" Sam says, and Zeke nods.

"That would be fun"

"The boys can come too, I guess," she adds when her eyes connect with Nolan. Zeke's brows crease.

"You know I'm a boy too, right?" he says, and Sam sighs.

"Yeah, but they're annoying, you're not" she smiles, hooking her arm with his as she pulls him towards the school. They have an easy conversation as Nolan and I trail behind them.

"I think I'm losing my girlfriend to your mate" Nolan mumbles, and a smirk tugs at my lips.

"They get along great" I mumble back to him, and he nods.

"She likes him a lot." My eyes land on Ava and Cam when we get close. Ava's eyes are narrowed on Sam and Zeke, while Cam is looking around for something.

"Ava looks pissed" I mumble, and I see Sam glance in her direction. I kinda like Ava, but Sam says she gets a weird vibe from her, and Sam is hardly ever wrong.

Besides with Nicole.

We're sitting in the first period, breaking off in groups to work on an assignment. She doesn't care how many are in a group, as long as we're doing the work. Sam and Nolan turn in their seats to face Zeke and I.

Zeke leans over, his scent of sandalwood and vanilla strong today. "Are you going to be quiet all day?" he whispers, and my eyes roam his face for a moment. He has faint bruises from a couple days ago that are healing. He has bags under his eyes, and he looks tired.

"No" I mumble, and Sam starts talking before he can respond.

"Did you get a schedule with the gym added on?" She asks and Zeke nods.

"Yeah, after lunch I have it. You guys?" he glances around, his blue eyes flicking between mine.

"Same, i have it today"

"Us too" Nolan adds, and Zeke nods.

"So we're all in it together, that's cool" Zeke says, and Sam squeals quietly.