Chapter 40

sooooo.... no, this isnt the last chapter... there's still the epilogue!

😬😬😬😬😬

please enjoy this one<3
i love u guys!!
thank u for all ur support!

———

There weren't many things that usually worried Margot. Her ex refusing to sign those divorce papers? Sure, that was worth a minute or two to worry about. The chance of Taylor not forgiving her after saying some pretty cruel things? Yeah, that definitely worried her.

Her mom and Taylor's mom hosting a joint Thanksgiving that year at Margot's house? Now that terrified her.

Plus, her father had flown in all the way from Boston the night before and she really wanted him and Taylor to get along. She was certain the two of them would be able to find some common ground. She shouldn't have been worried but she couldn't help it. She wanted everything to go perfectly.

She couldn't make it back home before dinner since it was technically just a regular Tuesday. Taylor had to be in Brazil on the actual Thanksgiving day and Amanda and Andrea absolutely refused to do anything but celebrate together. Margot had actually woken up at the crack ass of dawn with her mother and a massive turkey. She couldn't imagine what kind of horrors and massacres her kitchen was currently witnessing.

She tried not to think too much about it by distracting herself with more work.

Halfway through the day, Naomi knocked on her door and walked into her office with her eyes trained on the iPad in her hands, followed by Taylor, holding a small container in her hands.

"Two things. First of all, there's a tall blonde here to see you!" Naomi said, looking up for a second.

Taylor smiled, crossing over to Margot's side and leaning down to kiss her cheek. "Hey, babe."

"Hi, sweetheart," Margot responded, wrapping her arm around Taylor's waist and beaming up happily at her. "What's the second thing?"

"The photoshoot Cosmo's doing with Kaia Browne, when are we sending them the fits?" Naomi asked, checking her iPad again.

"Ooooh! I like Kaia Browne! Have you seen that period drama she's in?" Taylor asked, sliding into Margot's lap. "She's hot!"

Margot dug her fingers into Taylor's sides in response to tickle her — she wasn't exactly fond of her girlfriend saying another woman was hot — while furrowing her eyebrows at Naomi. "We told them Monday at the latest, no?"

"See, that's what I thought as well, so now, why did they just call us thinking that it was going to be yesterday?"

"Probably someone incompetent on their team," Margot replied with a little shrug. "I'm pretty sure the e-mail I sent said the 27th of November."

"Well, can you double-check? The person I have on hold is being annoying as hell about it."

Margot sighed and let go of Taylor for a second to check her email but it was hard navigating around the blonde who had made herself very comfortable in Margot's lap.

"'Scuse me," she mumbled, going to her sent folder except she couldn't find anything in there. "Okay, so maybe I'm the incompetent one here."

Taylor snorted as she got up and walked over to the coffee machine.

"What?" Naomi replied, her arms dropping to her sides.

Margot held up her finger to ask her to be patient for a moment as she checked her drafts and— yep, the email was still waiting to be sent.