chapter 4

🤭🤭🤭🤭 PLEASE ENJOY<3
that's all i have to say
I'm not feeling too great today but your comments are going to make my day<3 can't wait to read your reactions to this chapter 🤩🤩🤩

Happy Wednesday, lovers

———

Friday might have been the first weekday in months that Margot turned off her laptop before six p.m.

In fact, it was usually at seven or eight at the earliest.

She had plans tonight though. Plans she couldn't miss. Well, she simply didn't want to miss them.

She didn't want to be late either.

"Oh, you're off?" Naomi asked, taken by surprise. She normally left before Margot but only because Margot would beg her to go home. Naomi was still too young to have to suffer through long and lonely nights trying to keep a business floating.

It was only five minutes to six. Margot had never left the office before six, which was usually the time everyone should have finished work for the day but she knew that a lot of their employees worked overtime. It took a lot to get everything running and she never took a single one of them for granted. They all got sufficient bonuses and other benefits for their hard work. 

"Yes, I have a very important dinner. I sent you a document a minute ago. Can you print a few copies of that and just leave them in my drawer? I'll go over them on Monday. And you can start your weekend early!"

"You mean on time, for once," Naomi joked but it still made Margot grimace awkwardly.

"Enjoy your weekend, Naomi," Margot sighed softly and shouldered her purse while making her  way to the elevators.

By seven, she was fresh out of the shower with her hair perfectly straightened and her makeup reapplied, her red-lip immaculate.

But she had no idea what to wear.

She sat on her bed in her skin-coloured seamless thong, staring at her massive walk-in closet, the doors left open.

She could go for a dress. But she could also go for something else just as chic. Trousers and a simple off-shoulder blouse maybe.

No... That wouldn't do.

She eventually decided on a black silky body-suit. She matched it with a pair of shorts and an oversized blazer before tying her hair up in a loose bun, leaving a few shorter strands to frame her face along with her bangs.

Once satisfied, she put on a matching pair of black, open-toed stilettos and grabbed her purse before heading down to the lobby where her driver was waiting outside, leaning against the sleek black sedan.

He opened the door for her and she slid in the back, buckling her seatbelt.

She kept getting the urge to check her messages, to see if Taylor was still going to show up. She didn't know why she was so anxious. It was only dinner, but yet she found herself reminding herself that Taylor wasn't going to bail on her even if she hadn't heard from her that day yet.

She arrived at the restaurant first and the manager greeted her warmly, but just as Margot was making her way to the table she spotted not only Valerie but Sebastian and Thalia too, the three of them sitting at their usual spot whenever the whole group was hanging out together. A coffee table that fit six people with two loveseats and two arm chairs around it, a lot more comfortable and laid back than the other tables.