chapter 5

BET YALL DIDNT SEE THIS COMING!
HAPPY ERAS TOUR COMING BACK DAY<3 IF YOURE WATCHING IT TODAY AAAAAAAAAAAAH!
love yall<3
predictions for the surprise songs?

———

They made it up to the penthouse faster than usual. It was as though Joseph had felt the urgency of the night and sped past all the red-lights. He didn't though, time was just moving relatively fast when Margot was so engrossed in watching very closely every facial expression that Taylor pulled.

She had never been so fascinated by another person before. Not even her ex, whom she was totally infatuated with at first, could get her to invite him to her apartment after the first date.

She had finally broken down and started calling it what it was. A date. Yes, they talked business, but not in a way that a CEO would talk to a client. It was definitely first-date, getting to know each other talk.

Now, leaning against the back of her sofa while Taylor stood by the large, glass windows staring out at the river and all the buildings past the bridge, Margot would be lying if she said this didn't feel like a date. They had made it back to her place. They were going to have drinks. And there was definitely a magnetic pull between them. Margot could feel it, and if Taylor couldn't, well, then she must have been coming down with something because it was definitely there.

Taylor finally turned around and gave Margot that smile that never quite reached her eyes. But they were still as sparkly as ever, still just as flirty as they were an hour ago, with her head slightly tilted over toward her left shoulder while taking Margot in.

"Can I get you anything?" Margot asked, pushing herself up to her feet and walking over to the drinks cart she kept by the window, to Taylor's right. "I've got some really nice gin, actually. We do have vodka and tequila too if you prefer that. All kinds of mixers too. Oh! And coffee liquor too. Weirdly good. We can also open another bottle of wine."

Taylor walked over toward the old brass trolley that Margot had purchased for quite the price at an antique shop and looked at the selection of wine bottles. There really was everything from really expensive Cognac to your typical everyday bottle of vodka.

She looked up at Margot through her lashes and asked, "are you mixing the drinks yourself?"

Margot grinned, looking around playfully. "I don't see anyone else here to do it."

Taylor took that as a challenge. "What's your specialty drink?"

"Ah! Well, I can pour a mean shot of tequila!" Margot replied jokingly, earning a laugh from Taylor. It felt like she had just aced a test. "That, and a martini."

"You can't possibly mess either of those things up," Taylor replied. She sat down on the small ledge by the windows and crossed her legs, looking up at Margot expectantly.

"A martini, then?"

Taylor smiled and nodded. "Shots too."

"Shots too!" Margot repeated with a laugh. "Pick your poison."

"Vodka, please. Nothing good ever happens when tequila is involved."

Margot chuckled, giving her a look, but she flipped two clean shot glasses and picked up a bottle of vodka. "I could say the same about vodka."

Taylor grinned but remained quiet which had Margot chuckling some more. She made a mental note to ask about that story later.

"Let me get some lime."