Nightmares 🩶

Hobie hates sleep. He always has the same nightmare. His parents death. But with years of blaming himself and others blaming him that nightmare grew. Now there he was. Their bodies bleeding. People whispering around his 8 year old body that it was his fault. He should have died. The cops snicker at him.

Hobie usually wakes up in a cold sweat. So he doesn't sleep. He is ti scares to but now with his enhanced powers he can't fight off the urge to rest. No as well as he once did anyways. There will still be nights he sleeps. Still be nights he wakes up screaming.

But nobody will do anything. Because they don't care right? Who ever cared for hobie. Well dear reader. This thought of his will soon change. Because little dies he know pav cares a lot about hobie.

Hobie pov:
"YAY MOVIE NIGHT!" "Heh yeah" "Hey why didn't you invite the others?" "Miles and gwen are to busy snoging and margo is way to cool. (SHE told him to say that)" Pavitr snickered. "What does snog even mean?" "I believe you call it kissing luv." Pav laughs again. I just smiled. Wait oh man. This is the 4th week in a row with no sleep. Hopefully the nightmare won't happen.

What if it does? If pavitr finds out he could think I'm weak. But im not weak. No I'm strong. Just can't fall asleep. Then oav pushed me on my couch. And turned on a movie we picked. "What's this movie?" "How to train your dragon." We sat in a comfortable silence. As the movie continued my eyes keep on getting heavy. I tried to stay awake. I gotta stay awake.

Pavitr pov:
I turn over to see hobie fighting sleep. His eyes were barley open. Maybe some rest is what he needs. So as gently as I can I held his hand. He looks over to me. Before letting his eyes close and falling asleep. His head on top of mine. I think it is nice. How he can sleep so comfortable with me.

That's a sign of trust. He trusts me so much he can fall asleep with me. I gently pull him a little closer. He mumbled something than goes back to sleep. After a little bit he starts to whimper. "Hey hobie?" I gently start to shake him. He fidgets and whimpers more. Suddenly also starting to thrash. "Hey hobie wake up." He keeps on whimpering and thrashing. "Hobie!" I said my voice calm. "I'm sorry." He sobs in his sleep. "Hobie hobie wake up please!" He bolts up.

He starts to sob. I start to rub his back. "Hobes do you wanna talk about it?" "No." He starts to sob again. I hug him. "It's OK it was just a bad dream. It's nit real." "But it was!" He starts to sob again.  I kept rubbing his back. Trying to get him to calm down.

"It was about my parents dying. It was my fault." "Hobes no it wasn't." "How do u know?" "Because why would it be ur fault? U were 8." "How did you know?" "We will talk about that later. Right now let's get you calmed down."

I gently lay him on the couch. His head on my lap. He begans to fall back asleep. "Please stay here." "Ofc hobes." As soon as I say that he smiles. Then he falls asleep with a soft sigh.

Narrator pov:
Ever since then hobie doesn't have that nightmare so often. When he dies he calls pav. And pav comes and cuddles with him. Until he falls asleep.