Chapter 97 - Cut-off (1)

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Here, some pocket money. And if you’re going to do it, do it right. Balance it with your studies. If you can’t, hand it over to your friends.”

“Wow- touching.”

“Shut up. If I hear you’re slacking in your studies from mom, I’ll cut you off right away?”

“Yes, yes!”

“And.”

Kang Woojin paused for a moment and lowered his voice.

“Make sure you remember what the CEO just said. Don’t go around saying you’re my sister. Especially don’t talk about the days we lived together or anything from the past.”

“Do you think I’m crazy! Why would I go around saying that!”

“Just being here makes you crazy enough.”

“Ssh! That’s too much- I’m promoting you a lot as the manager of the fan club!”

“Do you want one more?”

“…If you’re giving, I’ll gratefully take it.”

Shaking his head, Woojin took out one more 50,000-won bill. Kang Hyun-ah bowed and accepted it. Then, she suddenly changed the subject.

“But brother, at the ‘Sports Day’ or here, your cold demeanor, lowering your voice, is all image-making, right?”

Kang Woojin’s answer was simple.

“Do you want to keep wondering? Want to return all the pocket money you just received?”

Financial therapy. No, financial silencing.

“No, sir. I was wrong.”

“Remember, whenever you’re curious, think about my pocket money being cut off.”

“Yes. I’ve already forgotten everything.”

“Go, now. Go and study.”

With that command, Kang Hyun-ah backed away, bowing to Woojin.

“I will take my leave.”

Soon after.

-Slam.

Kang Hyun-ah slipped out of the waiting room. Shortly, Woojin let out a long, weary sigh.

“Haah- Well, at least that’s one less problem.

Late at night.

It was around 11 PM. After a long time, Choi Sung-gun, was on the move somewhere in his personal car. Kang Woojin, who had successfully concluded a fan signing event, had left work around 10 PM. However, Choi Sung-gun’s destination after visiting the company was not home.

“Hmm, seems about right.”

It was a liquor bar near the company. Of course, he didn’t come to drown himself in solitude. He had someone to meet. Anyway, after parking his car in the bar’s parking lot, he let out a small sigh.

“Phew, I wish something comes out of this guy.”

Muttering, he loosened his hair, tied it up firmly again, and slowly walked into the liquor bar.

-Swish-

The bar was located underground. It was largely wood-scented, with an ambiguous level of brightness. Not too dark, not too bright, and with calm music playing. It had the perfect atmosphere for quietly enjoying a drink. There weren’t many tables, roughly five.

Perhaps because it was a weekday, there weren’t many customers.

Then, Choi Sung-gun…

“……”