Chapter 11: the break, pt. 1

Once we got to Long Island on Thanksgiving eve, Dopey and I went downstairs to get settled for the evening. Lucia, my friend from Long Island, greeted me with a hug and air kisses. She asked me, "Where's your boyfriend? Did you promise to bring him?" I answered, "Of course! Why would I not?" Dopey waved hi to Lucia and her friends. Sara, her best friend, squealed silently and said to me, "You hit the boyfriend jackpot!" I laughed and said gently, "Excuse me?" Comet, another friend of mine, said to me, "She means that you have a great mans." Lucia then clapped her hands and said to her friends (including me and Dopey), "Okay guys, let's ask Jen questions bout her boyfriend! Gather round, gather round!" And so they were asking questions about Dopey, "How did you guys meet?" Sara asked. "At school," I replied. "Is anyone jealous?" Boober asked. "His brothers sound like they don't like me, but you know what that sounds like? Not my problem!" I said a tad bit smugly.

Then, it was thanksgiving morning. I got bored of watching the parade, so my mom told me I could go downstairs to play with my friends. We played Mario Kart DS (on our 3DS consoles, since the 3DS could play DS games too), and we were split into teams based off of couples. Wembley and Grover decided to do something else bc they couldn't afford a 3DS or any video game like that. When we insisted that they can play on our consoles, they relented and decided to play.

Just then, I thought I heard a rustling sound. I asked Lucia's boyfriend if he heard a rustling sound. He said I was "talking crazy" and told me to lie down or something. Lucia came over to me asked me what the sound was. I answered, "It sounds like rustling, like leaves or paper, or someone stepping on plastic bags." She told me, "I hear something too. Let's see what it is." I said, "Are you crazy?! My mother would be very upset if I went further than the basement!" Lucia replied, "Well, you won't be alone. I'll go with you! Then we'll be in trouble together. Sound good?" I relented and we set off to the room opposite from the basement.

Once we were in the opposite room of the basement, I thought I heard my boyfriend saying, "I dated someone's mom." Lucia whispered to me, "Was that your boyfriend? It certainly sounded like him..." I said, "Yea it did sound like him. But, where is he?" Then we called his name numerous times. I heard creepy laughter, and his voice again, but this time, he said, "I know that you would ditch me for another mans." But then the voice changed saying something that I can't say here. I then recognized the voice and said, "That voice sounds familiar! I think I know who that is..."

I'll tell you in the next chapter