Section Fourteen - When I Was Your Man

{Zak's Point of View}

I hate seeing you with another guy. Who makes you happy, who takes your pain away, and who isn't haunted. I'm sorry for what they [the spirits] did to you. I couldn't stop it, but I also couldn't stop you from leaving to be safe.

You left me after an unseen force caused physical damage to you after I talked you in to spending the night with me after I got back from an intense investigation. As in physical damage, your things were thrown, and you were violently scratched. I was prepared for an event like this, but it was too late. You were terrified, and I completely understood why. You were too scared to even come near me again, or even contact me.

You were the first woman I've actually cried for; was angry for what was done to you out of my control. And now, the spirits that drove you away laugh at me, thanking themselves that they got you out of my life to keep me all to themselves. They always played this type of sick game, and it was a game I was damned near over with. Their accomplishments have not only led me to keep telling myself to give up on trying to win you back, but to give up on love. Period.

It wasn't meant for me.

Instead, my destiny is watching the only woman I actually loved to be loved by another man. I man I very well hated, even though he did nothing to me. Seeing you smile at him made me want to wring his neck, thinking I was the only one who could make you smile.

You should know my by now. I'm not the one to take so kindly when things are out of my control. Call me a control freak, if you will, but I exercised control in all ways if you catch my drift. And I know that's something that kept you biting your lip for me, hiding your eyes behind your eyelids every time my seductive words made you blush, the way you tightened your legs under the table every night at dinner, the change in your breathing, and your complexion. I always loved your flushed tone every time I made you speechless. Do you not realize how much you made me crave you? Just in case you didn't know the answer:

Too damn much.

Too much to where I shouldn't have, but you're like a drug. I want you. I want to see you biting your lip at me, not some random guy to make you smile and laugh even though you thought you had feelings for him, I wanted your complexion to change because of me so I can watch your adrenaline kick in as well every time I breathed down your neck every night we decided to show our love towards each other, but yet, you're almost willing to give yourself to another man because he "rescued you from the paranormal bullies." Oh, no, once the spirits that haunt me come after someone, they won't stop. As much as I hated to say that, it's true. But your independence showed me something else: what happened to the woman who didn't take shit from anybody? What happened to the woman who wouldn't let a ghost interfere with her mind?

Where are you?